• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF Icon is not more visible in Email attachments since updated to Mac OS Ventura

Community Beginner ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since I updated my Imac to Mac OS Ventura the pdf attachements to Emails using Outlook for Mac, doesnt show the adobe icon anymore. Instead of that a little grey icon is showed. Preview and file open are working ok. I contacted Apple and they informed me that the problem lies in the logic how this icons are showed and that this is something Adobe has to adapt.

Can you help me to fix this issue?

TOPICS
Mac

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
replies 111 Replies 111
Enthusiast ,
Apr 27, 2023 Apr 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@valdemar1977  schrieb:

In fact it is not an Adobe's bug, but Apple's. The same situation with some other apps such as archivers, pdf and graphic files viewers. At the moment problem not resolved in 13.3.1.

Das komische ist, dass wenn ich einen neuen Benutzer erstelle ist das rote Acrobat Pdf-Icon im Mail-Programm sichtbar!

Ich habe nun versucht, anstatt Acrobat das Progamm Vorschau zu nehmen und alle Pdfs haben nun das Preview-Icon im Finder (weil ich bei einem Pdf mit cmd+i > alle mit Vorschau öffnen geändert habe) - im Programm Mail nach wie vor ein normales weißes Blatt als Icon!

Also wird es wirklich an Apple liegen bzw. eher an irgend eine Datei im Apple Mail Programm...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2023 Apr 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I thought I was losing my mind but here you all are with the same issue. Why do none of these companies that charge large fees never tak responsibility? Sorry, I don't have a solution, just a rant which is happening all the time now with Ventura. Hate it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 05, 2023 May 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can now say that this issue has been resolved for me. I'm not entirely sure what did it, but I believe it was an update to Ventura beta 13.4. I did nothing on my end. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good to know!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can confirm that mine is also resolved. I think the new Ventura 13.4 update resolved the issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you get hold of that update? Mine isn't resolved and my Mac tells me it's up to date: 

Ian235802689n82_0-1683301004075.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We are running the Ventura 13.4 Beta version. If you register your Mac to run the Beta version, it will install the 13.4.  You may register for the Beta version here:

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sign up for Apple Beta program. You can test new software that’s pretty close to ready. Back up your computer first!

Anthony Belanger
Art Dept Coordinator - IATSE Local 871
C: 323.425.5318
E: anthonybelanger@mac.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
May 08, 2023 May 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh, that is great! I hope the update resolve it really in the finale update!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 19, 2023 May 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed in 13.4 Yesssssss!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, its fixed! Thank god :)))

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Today after updating to Ventura 13.4 the problem is solved. It took about 6 months for Apple to fix this problem. Seems to me that for a "leader" technology company, its far to much time. But thats Apple improves things.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines