• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PDF preview not working in Explorer

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My PDF Viewer in Explorer stopped working a few weeks ago.  I have tried the following troubleshooting steps & they have not worked 1) Preview pane in Explorer turned on/off 2) Adobe reader "Enable PDF thumbnails previews" unchecked & re-checked.  3) uninstall/re-install  Adobe reader. 4) went to Adobe program file setting & selected run in "compatibility mode" forWindow 8.  5) prayed...

Nothing has worked - Anyone have any other suggestions?

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

I'm using Acrobat Pro DC and this fixed it for me: 

Open Acrobat and select Help.

Click on 'Repair Installation' in dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 14, 2020 Sep 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here.  Preview of pdf files doesn't work in either File Explorer or with a third party file manager I have been using.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 15, 2020 Sep 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I too have the same problem and have tried all the above with no sucess, has anyone solved this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem. Started about a week ago.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 17, 2020 Sep 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Perhaps I shouldn't have posted here, but my problem is with Acrobat Pro DC and not Reader.  However, the preview issues just started with the latest Adobe update that was installed about a two weeks ago.  Thumbnails display fine in File Explorer, but in the preview pane I get the following error message: "This file can't be previewed."  BTW, I have the thumbnail setting selected in Acrobat preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here. Did you end up getting it resolved? I believe I've tried every fix out there that I can find and still no luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2022 Jan 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ended up changing my workflow to accomodate the problem, Ive just checked and it now works again in both Windows 10 Pro and Windows 11 "by default" ie Ive not ticked the box in Adobe Windows Explorer simply now gives me the preview on its own.

I do have Adobe Pro and Reader installed on Windows 11, but only Reader installed on Windows 10 Pro if that info helps. Good luck.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We have the same problem. They say this is not suported in Windows10 64bit.....Wenn is Adobe fixing this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 17, 2022 Feb 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This site had a solution that worked for us.. 

Office 365 Apps for Enterprise with Adobe DC pro

Disabled:  Show preview handlers in preview pane

Reference Link:  https://www.guidingtech.com/fix-preview-pane-not-working-in-windows-10/#:~:text=1%201.%20Enable%20Pr...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 25, 2022 Aug 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're facing the same issue right now. Has anyone found a solution yet?
Windows Enterprise 21H2
Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2022.002.20191 64-Bit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 26, 2022 Sep 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Acrobat Pro DC and this fixed it for me: 

Open Acrobat and select Help.

Click on 'Repair Installation' in dropdown menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This worked for me. I couldnt view previews of any files except Excel files.

Run Repair Installation under 'Help'

Restart Adobe

Go to Preferences > General > Enable PDF thumbnail previews in Windows Explorer

Let the installer run then open up file explorer and voila 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Just "Repair Installation" fixed it for me.

I was still unable to tick "Enable PDF thumbnail..." after running it (greyed out).

But after running the repair, PDFs preview fine in Explorer (Windows 11 on Mac Parallels desktop)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 13, 2023 Dec 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Uninstalling Acrobat through system OS then reinstalling with CC worked for me.

Creative Cloud wouldn't let me uninstall Acrobat but it uninstalled all the other Adobe apps fine. So I quit CC and uninstalled Acrobat through windows, opened CC, reinstalled Acrobat and now I get my PDF previews in the Windows explorer preview pane. 

I hope this helps someone else!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines