Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

pdf's appear to save, but not visible in Explorer

Community Beginner ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

W7 Adobe Acrobat Reader DC 2018.009.20044

Today I went to save a pdf that I had received in an email.  FILE--> SAVE AS--> [filename].  Seems fine.  Then when I go to Windows Explorer, it's not there.  I go back to Reader, try "Save as" again, but now the file I just saved is visible in the "Save As" window.  So I save as [filename1], go back to Windows Explorer, and see that neither file shows up.  Re-started computer, still the same.  Just wondering -- might there be something toggled on the originator's computer that keeps Windows Explorer from seeing it?  NOTE:  Other pdf's DO show up in Windows Explorer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you save the files in the document cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I save everything to Dropbox, if that's what you mean - ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, the Adobe Document Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 16, 2017 Nov 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No -- I don't use that service.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried over and over again to fix this, without success.  Whenever I have a document open in Reader and try to save it to my computer, it never shows up in Windows Explorer (although it subsequently shows up in Reader's "Save As" dialog box).  So today I discovered a workaround: simply go back to the email client from which one received the original pdf -- be it web-based (like gmail) or computer-based (like Outlook) -- and download the document directly from the email attachment.  When saved from a source OTHER THAN ADOBE READER, then the file will show up in Windows Explorer and be available for one to copy, paste, or attach to other emails. 

I've seen several other threads online addressing this same problem (yet none offering this workaround).  Sad to see that Adobe has no apparent interest in fixing such a fundamental flaw in its reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem, this is how I was able to fix it. When I save the PDF, check the box to open the PDF after save. For some reason this fixed the issue and now I can see my PDF files! 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 03, 2021 Nov 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, I used the Export Option in Word and the checkbox is in that export dialouge box.

PjcPhoto_2-1635964634769.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 24, 2022 May 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and what I did, was to create a new folder where the file was supposed to be located. As soon as hit Enter to create it, the PDF was visible. I think using the option to open the file after publishing has the same effect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2023 Dec 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same issue but it only happens occasionally and normally with large files when I am saving a ppt file as pdf.  Very frustrating, have not found a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines