I'm recently having trouble with many Windows users unable to see text inside PDF with fillable form fields.
In my case, we're having problem with Thai language. The value is in the field, but turned invisible. We're able
to copy the value.
Been digging through some old thread with this similar issues, and tried out some of the solutions, but still not working.
Here are what I've tried
- double check the font color that it's not White color
- original file was created by InDesign, so I've tried created a new PDF with forms
- only happened with Android, and Windows
- open the file with Adobe Reader instead of PDF Viewer by browser. cannot see anything unless click the field, or clear form button.
What I haven't preferred as solutions
- edit registry through regedit
- only force users to use Adobe Reader
So what is the problem or what did I miss here? Or is this just a normal scenario where PDF with fillable form can only
be editted and saved by Adobe Reader only?
The file (or the fields in it) have been corrupted. I can't even export the form data to an FDF file, in order to import it back in, which usually fixes this kind of issue.
How are you adding the fields? What application are you using to fill it in?
Not possible. Reader does not have this function.
This is a screenshot of Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader!
Apology I meant Adobe Acrobat 😞
And where/how are you filling it in?
I was able to fix an issue similar to what you described. I opened the Prepare Form tool, clicked on properties on the fillable box, and unchecked the Rich Text Format. There were also invisible texts in boxes without rich text format checked. I checked and unchecked those boxes and the text became visible.