• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Poster' option is greyed out in Acrobat Reader (Build: 23.6.20320.0) on macOS Sonoma

New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As the title reads, I'm baffled to find the 'Poster' print option being greyed out in Acrobat Reader (Build: 23.6.20320.0) on macOS Sonoma. It was available on Ventura because I'd taken printouts a few days ago. Moreover, the 'Advanced Print Setup' has also completely greyed out too. So far I've deleted/moved the preferences file but still there's no change in the status quo. Could someone help me out please? Is this a result of a bug in macOS Sonoma? I'd really appreciate your reponses.

Thanks.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Mac , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Hi Bhoosh,
This is due to deprecation of PSNormalizer tool from macOS Sonoma onwards, Currently Print as Image is only supported in Reader.
Poster button is grayed out as Poster Printing was never supported in case of print as image.
Releaes Notes for more info - macos-14-release-notes#Printing 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Mar 24, 2024 Mar 24, 2024

All documents were printing as image. Even changing and turning off the option "print as image"  in advanced print options..

I've removed and installed and old version of Adobe Reader .

My system MacOS Sonoma , I've download adobe version before sonoma.
Now it's working.

Adobe is respecting my printer options correctly

https://get.adobe.com/br/reader/otherversions/

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bhoosh,
This is due to deprecation of PSNormalizer tool from macOS Sonoma onwards, Currently Print as Image is only supported in Reader.
Poster button is grayed out as Poster Printing was never supported in case of print as image.
Releaes Notes for more info - macos-14-release-notes#Printing 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2023 Sep 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Sanskriti, I really appreciate your insightful response.

At this point, I can only hope that either Adobe or Apple has an update coming up to sort this issue out. Removing a key feature from a critical tool and that too in an overnight update is agonizing for the end-users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2023 Oct 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have macOS Catalina and I am trying to print a PDF, not an image, using the Poster option, and the button is greyed out for me, too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 28, 2023 Nov 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for this explanation. 

I have the same issue. I cannot print my work the way I used to. 

Is there any news to fix this issue ? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2023 Oct 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have just spoken to Apple help desk as i have the same problem.  They were unable to help as they have stated it is an Adobe issue!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2023 Oct 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any new if the issue has been fix?? or how can I Tile print with mac OS Sonoma?? HELP!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 29, 2023 Oct 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is Adobe aware of and working on this issue. I use tile print frequently for my work. Has anyone come up with an easy work around for a non-techie?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2023 Nov 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found a suggestion from Adobe to return Adobe Acrobat to its default settings. Sorry, lost track of where the recommendation came from, but it was part of a grayed out poster printing thread. The inference being that the default settings would reinstate the poster/tiling option. Basically, for MAC OS you go Finder, Select Go and the Go to Folder there you should find "com.adobe.acrobat.pro.plist". Surprise, surprise, that file does not exist on my computer. What is a non-techie to do? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 02, 2024 Jan 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That file doesn't exist on my Mac either.  I've called Apple, they are saying it's a Adobe issue, not theirs.  This is so crazy.  It worked fine in Catalina, I update to Sonoma and grayed out.  I'm looking for other alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2023 Oct 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is basically why I have Reader installed. I can't believe this no longer works. Absolutely useless. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2023 Nov 12, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just ask ChatGPT to use the pypdf library (this is important, as the second version of the library does not have the necessary functionality) to produce a Python script that will do the job, namely convert each page of an A3 sized PDF document into two pages of A4 to be printed separately. You may also want to ask to make the script so that it takes the file name from the command line.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. This software safed my day:

https://echoone.com/de/doubletake/printing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2024 Feb 01, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the suggestion, it actually saved me as well

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi
I have the same problem for weeks now and no solution (I have to borrow my son computer to print with windows).
Does someone found a solution for poster printing with Mac Sonoma 14 or have any news about Adobe working on the issue ?
It is a fundamental tool for sewing patterns printing, and I can't find another tool doing that 😞
I would appreciate any help/info on the subject

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2024 Jan 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem too, anyone elase who does please help to bump this thread up so that it can be reviewed and fixed by the developers from either Apple or Adobe!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2024 Feb 14, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same problem, I cannot print sewing patterns which is the only way I've found to do this. Hopefully Adobe can release an update for this asap? I'm walking distance from their HQ so I could go knock on the door to ask lol 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 17, 2024 Feb 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having this issue as well. Very frustrating!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 29, 2024 Feb 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please adobe fix this !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 07, 2024 Mar 07, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue trying to print poster/tile on my Mac. SO frustrating!!!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also having the same issue! Would be great if someone could fix it!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2024 Mar 11, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE, when are you going to fix this issue? This app has been rendered useless to many in the sewing community who can no longer print using poster size. It is absolutely unacceptable that you ignore this critical issue. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Found this answer on another thread, which worked for me: 

defaultqjpz3qt6zpua  New Here , Mar 30, 2021

In the print "Advanced  Print Setup" dialogue box, make sure that "print as image" is not checked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 18, 2024 Mar 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That button is also greyed out for most Mac users. Says 'only print as image is supported' Adobe needs to fix this ASAP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2024 Mar 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I opened my doc in Preview and selected roughly a quarter page and hit "copy" in the edit menu. Then "New From Clipboard" and printed that. Three more times and I got my page tiled. It was quick and easy and I bet you could add those little guide lines to the margins of your document and use those if you wanted reference lines and make sure you overlapped properly. I used a visual reference and overlapped slightly and it worked well for me. Not ideal, but... until there's a real professional fix... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines