• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

PowerShell Start-Process Print Not Working on Windows Server 2019

Community Beginner ,
Jan 15, 2022 Jan 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on an automation job using UC4 (Automic) to print PDFs from a directory.

The automation tool logs into the Windows Server 2019 virtual machine with a local admin level service account and feeds the PowerShell script to the remote server for execution.

I am trying to figure why the 'Start-proces '.\path_to_files.pdf' -Verb Print' cmdlet does not work when executed via automation tool, but works when I execute the cmdlet as a local admin user on the server?  When executing with the automation tool, the print job does not get added to the printer spooler queue.

Could it be due to the "Enhanced Security" feature? I am reading that Acrobat does not allow "remote printing" if this feature is enabled--is this how it works?

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

I was able to resolve this problem by tinkering with the settings. Since our server will be dedicated for this printing automation process, disabling the security features and protected mode fixed my issue.

Enabling "Protected Mode" by default will not allow any external processes (PowerShell cmdlets) from interacting with Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At what user does you use this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2022 Jan 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The automation tool has its own service account.  Using that account, I am able to execute the cmdlet manually via PowerShell, but the same command does not work when run with the automation tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2022 Jan 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was able to resolve this problem by tinkering with the settings. Since our server will be dedicated for this printing automation process, disabling the security features and protected mode fixed my issue.

Enabling "Protected Mode" by default will not allow any external processes (PowerShell cmdlets) from interacting with Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines