• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Preview pdf in application in WPF with WebBrowser - no more preview grey background instead

New Here ,
Jun 21, 2021 Jun 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a new problem with the preview in my WPF application with webrowser component.

since last update of windows (may 2021) and with version .48 of Reader, we have the grey background of adobe and the preview of the pdf doesn't display. (We can see the adobe precesses in the task manager)

do you have an idea ? 

Thanks,

Elisabeth

TOPICS
PDF and browsers , View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Try uninstalling Windows Update KB5003637. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 24, 2021 Jun 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Elisabeth

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble and the delay in response. I hope you would be able to fix it by now.

If the issue still persists, is this an issue with a specific PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer first and try again. 

Also, please try to reboot the computer once and see if that helps.

You may also try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only) Open Acrobat Reader DC , Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable Protected mode at startup', turn off the Protected mode and uncheck 'Enhanced Security' > Click OK and reboot the computer once.

Note: Please turn on the security after testing to avoid any security risk.

If it still doesn't work, please try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try uninstalling Windows Update KB5003637. Worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines