• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Print in Grayscale box doesn't work

New Here ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Everything was working fine when I was using the free Adobe reader.  We intalled Adobe Acrobat Pro yesterday and now the "Print in Grayscale" box doesn't work.  I have to go into my printer settings and change it to mono.  It doesn't even work when auto color is selected.  I really shouldn't have to go deep into printer settings every time I need to change from color to grayscale.  This problem only occurs in Adobe.   Is there a way to fix this or work around?Screenshot 2023-05-24 124220.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 24, 2023 May 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Sarah30044816z4fn 

Sorry to hear about your experience

Once you uncheck the "Print in Greyscale" and proceed with printing, Print settings will be preserved for the next time when you give the print command  

Check under Advanced>Output>Color if it is Composite Gray, then change it to Composite.

Also, make sure

1. You have the latest version of Acrobat installed. 

Go to Acrobat> Help > Check for updates and reboot the computer once (you must save all the work before restarting)

To download the patch manually, more information about this release is here: Release Notes | Adobe Acrobat, Reader

2. Update your printer driver and firmware

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 25, 2023 May 25, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether the Print in Grayscale box is checked or unchecked has no effect on the color output which is where the problem is.  I have to go into the acutal printer settings and change the color output.  Adobe is up to date as is my printer software and firmware.  I have no problem in any other application, just Adobe.  From what I've read in here, I'm not the only one with this problem.  I also didn't have this problem with the free Adobe Reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Sarah30044816z4fn Sorry to hear that the issue persists.

Please reset the Acrobat's preferences once: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau... 

If it still doesn't work, then give it a try.

Run this cleaner tool to remove the existing installer and application’s file traces:

https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html

Download the Acrobat installer from here:

https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/kb/acrobat-dc-downloads.html

~Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2023 Oct 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have this issue. This is extremely frustrating! No matter what I do, I cannot get anything to print in gratscale. Please advise. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here. None of the suggestions I have found in the Adobe Community seem to work anymore. Please look into this #devs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2023 Nov 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe had to remote connect and change the version of adobe. There is an issue with the current version. Once they changed the version, I had no problems. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2024 Jan 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just had to have Adobe Support remote in and change the version I was using as well. He told me he couldn't find a bug, but there may be an issue with the latest version itself. Advised me to not update my software anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi jaimek99410139,

Thank you for reaching out.

Could you please share more details about the issue you are experiencing with the latest version? Share the Acrobat version number with which the issue occurs.

It would be helpful if you could share any screenshots or screen recordings of what was not working with the latest version. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 20, 2024 Feb 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, just went from free version to paid version of Acrobat, using the free version, the "print in grayscale" when checked changed the preview to black and white and printed in balck and white. Since upgrading to the paid version, it does nothing, the way around that is to select the "properties" tab then select "balck /grayscale" there, but that extra step is annoying, especially when you are now paying for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not true..........Same issue here, just went from free version to paid version of Acrobat, using the free version, the "print in grayscale" when checked changed the preview to black and white and printed in balck and white. Since upgrading to the paid version, it does nothing, the way around that is to select the "properties" tab then select "balck /grayscale" there, but that extra step is annoying, especially when you are now paying for it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the exact same problem the last few months which is very annoying for something costing $28 a month. Free version works fine. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Go to the "properties" tab right above to change to black etc

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines