• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printer prints text with shadow

Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a problem when printing text in PDF format. The printed text has a shadow behind the letters, although the text on screen monitor looks clear without shadow.

TOPICS
Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Miro

We are sorry for the trouble. As described the PDF is getting printed with shadow

We need some more information for a better understanding:

1. Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs that you print? Please try with a different file and check.
  2. What is the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 20.12.20043 installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates.
  3. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download the file to your computer locally and then try again to print.
  4. Please try to print as image and see if that makes any difference. Go to Print > Advanced > Print As Image
  5. Also, please try to turn off the protected mode for testing (Windows Only) and see if that helps. Go to Edit > Preferences > Enhanced Security > Uncheck 'Enable protected mode at startup', turn off the protected mode and uncheck the enhanced security > Click OK and Reboot the computer.
    Note: Turning off the security may possess security risks, please turn on the security after testing.

Keep us posted with the results.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. The problem is with all PDFs

2. I am using the latest version (20.012.20043)

3. All files are in my computer (HDD)

4. Print as image does not solve the problem

5. Turning off protected mode doe not solve the problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 28, 2020 Sep 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

We are sorry to hear that. A new optional update version 20.12.20048 is now available for Acrobat/Reader DC. Please try to update the application from the help menu > check for updates.

Also, for testing purposes, please try to open the PDF in a web browser (Chrome) and then try to print from there and check for the issue.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for no response, i was not at home by my PC...

Updating the application does not help.

Printing from web browser (Chrome) does not help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 05, 2020 Oct 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you use a color printer? If so, it might be a misallignment of the four printing colours and the are not printed congruent. This can result in a colored shadow for example. Color printers in general have a built-in-function for color alignment, you should try first.

If your have just an black and white printer, print a status or menü page from the printers menu for double checking. If this also shows the shadows, your printers print engine might be dirted or defective and needs repair.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 06, 2020 Oct 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using color printer (HP DeskJet F4210). I have already contacted support for my printer. They say that there was no problem with printer. This problem occurs only when printing PDF files. There are no defects when printing e.g. Word document or Excel file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 07, 2020 Oct 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

As printing the PDF from web browser didn't help, it seems to be some issue with the printer. There isn't much that we can do. Please try to re-align the printer catrides and see it that makes any difference.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem.  This only happens with pdf documents and it just started.  I have reinstalled my printer as well as adobe reader.  I continue to have a shadow when I print pdf docs. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here. For about 3 months.

In our case, the pdf is generated in a Microsoft environment and we share it with other people to include a signature. When it passes to any Apple device to add signature in the pdf, this problem occurs, when the document print command is from an Apple machine (only signatures included in Apple device appears normal when printed, all the others have the shadow). 

When a print request is from Windows, there is no problem, even if signatures are added from some Apple device. 

In my case, I suppose the problem is Adobe/Apple. 
Somehow Apple Preview app modifies the pdf file that came from outside. 

Attempts with no success: we tried to remove signatures background / also to ask everyone to sign through Adobe logged in with signature created from Adobe mobile app / create the signatures with no background in PNG format.
Open the file with the browser (only worked if you open the attached in the email platform in the browser), it didn't work if you are at the Apple Mail desktop app.
Also, we observed if it was the printer problem but the behavior is the same in Epson and HP printers. 

Temporary solutions that worked out: 
. At the Apple Mail desktop app, choose to open the pdf file with Microsoft Word.
. Ask everyone who uses Microsoft to sign the pdf using only the Adobe mobile app (the desktop app didn't work)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I figured out I could do that I have the converter with Adobe. However, this is such an inconvenience. When go ogling this issue I noted it was with HP printers. Since I have been fed up with my HP printer since purchasing it 4 years ago, it's a reason to get rid of it.  I printed the same doc from a different computer but same printer and got same results. I ordered a new printer and will see what happens. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Excellent HP Hardware deserves better Softwate..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 10, 2023 Jul 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have the same problem too but interestingly when I print on my Canon TS6420a it has the shadow, (which only started here recently, within 2 weeks) but when I print on an HP envy 6000 there is no shadow, prints perfect, color and black text. I did resets, updates, alignment, cleaning on the Canon. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines