• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing a pdf opens "save as" instead.

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have never had this happen, but whenever I attempt to print a pdf, it opens a "save as" box instead.  So I've saved the pdf to my desktop, but after it's opened again I select print and the same "save as" box pops up again.  The ONLY way I've been able to print is by right-clicking the pdf file from my desktop.  Only then does it actually print.

I'm using Adobe X Reader (version 10.1.7).  Why doesn't it allow me to print a pdf when the app is open?

TOPICS
Print , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jun 06, 2013 Jun 06, 2013

In the print dialog disable the entry "Print to File".

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine just starting doing the same thing this morning, was fine yesterday now its rubbish. I even uninstalled and reloaded my Acrobat DC Pro and still the same issue of asking me to save the file. My "print to file"box is unchecked as is the "print to image". I have tried printing with the image box ticked as suggested somewhere along the line and still nothing. Who has time to save every file everytime you want to print, this is ridicualous. Even the help desk chat person was useless in any help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 12, 2021 Jul 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What happens when you use Acrobat Reader DC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 01, 2021 Oct 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.. none of those boxes check in Reader DC and still doing it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2021 Aug 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem. Then I used the keyboard buttons. It worked well. Shift+control+p

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only way I could resolve this was to send the file to Chrome and it printed fine, otherwise it prompted me to save the file somewhere....  even though I had everything set to print to my default printer.  It's an Adobe issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 14, 2022 Jan 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The advise to disable the 'print to file' box worked for me so many thanks. Its in the Advance POrint Setup at the bottom. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

because Adobe is lack luster

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 16, 2023 Feb 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also had same issue the canon printer only prints from ADOBE reader only otherwise if I opened the file from file explorer the printer would take me to save the file.

So go to print then the priner box opens then go to advanced selection, then unclick the print to file, then ok

problem solved

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2023 Jul 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the Print Box, when you select Adobe PDF as opposed to your printer, select Preferences and untick View Adobe PDF results.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File/Print/Advanced/Uncheck Print to File

davidtnaptown_0-1699390932992.png

davidtnaptown_1-1699390965025.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines