• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Printing Issues with a Mac

New Here ,
Jan 17, 2017 Jan 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I cannot print PDF files on a iMac.  The document says that it goes to the printer, but nothing happens.  I can print all other Microsoft programs like Word or Excel, but PDF files do not print.  I am using a Dell 1720 Laser Printer.  I have gone to the Dell website and tried to download new printer drivers but Dell tells me that the drivers are not compatible with OS software.  I can print the Troubleshooting page with no problem just not any PDF files.  I have checked for updates and my computer tells me that my Adobe Acrobat Reader software is up to date.  What can I do to allow my computer to print the PDF files?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2017 Jan 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi forrest901,

Could you please confirm the dot version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using.

Are you experiencing issue in printing with all the PDF's?

Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided on this link: Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader

If not, please try and let us know if issue still persists.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 19, 2017 Jan 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Greetings.  I will attempt to answer all of your questions below:

1)  The Version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC I have is:  Version 2015.023.20053.

2) No, I cannot print any PDF files from my computer.  I am using an iMac Desktop model with OS X El Capitan operating system, Version 10.11.6.

3)  I have tried the troubleshooting steps as you listed below.  I CAN print the troubleshooting page.  I have also unplugged my computer cable (connects to a USB port on the Mac, turned off the printer, reinserted the cable into a USB port, turned the printer back on, and tried to print a saved PDF file).  No luck.  System says a document is being sent to the printer, and the printer comes on as if something is going to be printed, but nothing prints and then the printer shuts down.  

I am using a Dell Laser Printer Model 1720.  I have gone to the Dell website and there are (3) suggested printer driver updates available.  I have tried to install them, but on each one I get an error message saying that the download will not work because Microsoft Windows applications are not supported on  OS X.  I CAN print documents from Microsoft Word or Excel on my printer as well as e-mail messages, etc.  I just cannot print any PDF files of any type.

If you have a solution for this please let me know.  It is very frustrating to not be able to print PDF files as I receive a lot of documents that are sent via PDF and I have to get my wife to print them at her place of business because my home computer will not print them.

Thanks, Michael Welhausen Waco, TX

To: Michael Welhausen <mikeandfrieda@att.net>

Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2017 11:18 AM

Subject: Printing Issues with a Mac

Printing Issues with a Mac

created by meenakshin83966505 in Acrobat Reader - View the full discussionHi forrest901, Could you please confirm the dot version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using.Are you experiencing issue in printing with all the PDF's?Have you tried the troubleshooting steps provided on this link: Troubleshoot PDF printing in Acrobat and Reader If not, please try and let us know if issue still persists. Regards,Meenakshi If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9271707#9271707 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9271707#9271707 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Acrobat Reader by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure the printer driver is installed correctly, and is the right version for your computer. With more information on the printer and the computer, this step might be more specific, but there are too many HP Printer Is Not Printing  combinations to go through without more details on the situation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines