• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Processing error 109 in Reader but opens in Chrome

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2022 Jul 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I get the error "There was an error processing a page.There was a problem reading this document. (109)" (pictured below) when opening certain PDFs in Adobe Reader.  I have latest version installed and can duplicate error on other computers so not an installation issue.  I can take the same document and open it without issue in Google Chrome.

mikew52265277_1-1657894791015.png

I have tried turning off protected mode and enhanced security and have also tried going back to Adobe Reader 11 with no success. I'm on a Windows OS, have tried on Server 2008r2, Server 2016, and Windows 10

TOPICS
View PDF , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 19, 2022 Jul 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mikew!

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry for the trouble.

As you get the error message, it generally happens when PDF is corrupted.

Do you experience this behavior when opening PDF from a particular folder?

Would you mind sharing any sample PDF with us?

Share the Acrobat Reader DC version currently in use.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2023 Feb 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It occurs with any PDF. We recently found the page setup workaround but had been opening PDFs in Google Chrome to print.  A little more info, this is  a Citrix hosted application using the Citrix Universal Printer Driver. Our version Adobe Acrobat DC 22.003.20322

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm also experiencing this same error message with every PDF that I open and try to save.  My Adobe is up to date. Very frustrating!!! Please advise!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 15, 2024 Jan 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having a similar issue and it's 2024 with no fix!

We usually receive batch of PDFs that are getting downloaded from Citrix ShareFile to a local computer and then we copy them to a network share on Server 2019. All files copy to the destination network share with no error. But when we try to open the files from the server, for some files, very randomly we get error 109.

If we check the same file that was downloaded to local computer, it all works well with no error and we can open it.

But same file that was coppied on the server gives error 109. This is very fraustrating as we can't check all 100 PDFs we are getting 1 by 1 after copying to network share, we just notice when someone need to access the files from the server and at that point, we have to find the downloaded file and copy it again which in most cases works fine after re-copying the file from local computer to network share.

We have tried disabling enhance security with no success. Tried removing Adobe 32bit and installing 64bit and also making sure Adobe is up to date.

We also ran checkdisk and SFC on the destination server.

Nothing seems to help. Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines