• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

"Bytes not ready" error

New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was using Acrobat Reader to view and comment on a couple PDFs which are located in my Google Drive for Desktop. After closing my laptop, walking to a different location (on the same Wi-Fi network), and upon opening it back up again, I was presented with a "Bytes not ready." error pop-up in Acrobat Reader. When clicking "OK," the pop-up always reappears after a length of time ranging from immediately to around five seconds. I know I could probably fix this by force-quitting and reinstalling Reader, but I would just like to know why this might be happening, and how to avoid it in future.

TOPICS
Mac , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Hi, I had the same issue, I found that if I remove any characters such as hyphens, commas, full stops etc then it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Nov 24, 2021 Nov 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Brandon2188803567a4 

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Could you help me with few details asked below:
1. Screenshot of error message

2. Have you tried to logout of the application, reboot the computer once and relogin with the same Adobe ID?

Would you mind sharing the version of the Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version 21.07.20095 (Win) , 21.07.20096 (Mac) installed. Go to Help > Check for updates.

Also try to logout of the application, reboot the computer once and relogin with the same Adobe ID and see if that works for you.

Also please collect the logs of the affected machine as described here - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share the logs with us via document cloud - https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Let us know how it works at your end. If you have any further queries please feel free to reach out to us.

Regards

Ria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I just received the same "Bytes not ready" error message when trying to save a PDF I've commented on.  I can't just close the file because I need to save my comments/markups.  I have tried saving the file in multiple places.  I also ensured that my adobe is up to date with the latest Mac version.  What am I to do?

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 27, 2022 Jan 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If saving locally does not help, you do not have many options. I doubt that you can solve the issue, without closing and following the recommended actions here.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Came here with same issue looking for workarounds or fix.

"You do not have (m)any options" is becoming increasingly more common a response in the Support threads.  
The unreliability and inconsistency of Acrobat's performance make it a subpar tool for work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Pro DC 2022.001.20112 / MacOS 11.6.5 —fourth occurrence in about 60 days. Using comment feature to combine comments from multiple PDFs. Ads for what you can do with Acrobat, Adobe cloud, etc., are working perfectly well, thank you for asking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 09, 2023 Mar 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. Why did Abobe even bother with Macs, they screw up all the time, and i cannot even re-pdf a document in acrobat. i have to open reader to save as pdf. your program sucks and i if i didnt have to use it at work i would burn it (metaphorically). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 13, 2022 May 13, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem and this is just phenomenally stupid. How does Adobe just keep getting worse and worse at... EVERYTHING? I just re-installed Adobe yesterday. The amount of time I waste with this ridiculous software is insane.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having this same issue. My PDF is saved to Google Drive, synced to my desktop and set to be available offline. I was leaving comments and all of a suddent got the "Bytes not ready" error. I couldn't save the document and lost all my comments.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 19, 2022 May 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Additional details I forgot to include:

• I'm on a Mac, OS Catalina, 10.15.7
  • My Acrobat version is 2022.001.20112

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2022 Aug 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having same issues. I am on MacOS Version Monterey 12.5.1 - thank you

Screen Shot 2022-08-24 at 11.35.31 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the sam eissue.  I have a Mac (Monterey version 12.5.1), and am using Google Drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @John260214374jpm,

Hope you are doing well. Sorry for the trouble. 

Just for testing purposes, can you try saving the file locally once and then upload it to google drive and let me know if it works?

Also, I suggest checking for permissions to write on the Drive directly ( preferably an unlink and re-link would be advisable)

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Souvik. When I have seen that error msg, I could not save locally or anywhere, even a "Save As".

I have seen the error message MOST when I am accessing a remote drive, but it happened when all open files were local and writing to my home dir. where I have full permission (777).

One of the users above mentioned that this happens while commenting multiple documents, and I agree.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @John25811632vxr6,

Thanks for the input. Would you mind sharing a screenshot of the "Get Info" dialog box of the folder you are trying to save in your local drive?

This could help us understand if this is an issue with file permissions or the application.

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ScreenshotForAdobe.jpg

home dir. r/w/x+

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John25811632vxr6,

Thank you for the screen shot. Also, when you click on Sharing & Permissions, does it say read and write for Everyone?

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, group (staff) and Everyone are read only. User johnorourke is only one with full perms.

Folder gets written to by a lot of apps. They write the bytes, ready or not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @John25811632vxr6,

Thank you for the information.

Please collect the logs of the affected machine as described here - https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/kb/cc-log-collector.html and share the logs with us via document cloud - https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

Thanks,

.Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Isn't that redundant to the automatic mails already sent at time of incident? I mean, I am eager to get this problem out of my way, but I don''t actually work for Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@John25811632vxr6,

I understand the situation and how frustrating it might be.

But if you would share the log files here with me, it would help me accelerate the progress of the investigation.

If you are unable to upload the logs on Document Cloud, you may try using the Creative Cloud Asset Library:

https://assets.adobe.com/files/

-Souvik.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2022 Nov 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a Mac Studio and Acrobar Pro 2022.003 and I am cointniually getting these Bytes errors, raise handler errors and a file I/O errors. Doe snto matter if PDF is on my server or my desktop. Although it happens less on my desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am running a Mac Studio that I have had for 3 weeks and working on my comapny's server and having the same exact isues. Is this a server issue? Or a setting with Acroat Professional? I have to force quit Acrobat, and restart, very time consuming in a prepress atmosphere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2022 Nov 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @jodyf4828470,

Have you tried the steps shared above?

Let us know if you still face the issues after the steps.

Also, please share the Mac OS version you are using. 

I would also suggest you check the correct answer in the URL: Solved: the document could not be saved. A file I/O error ... - Adobe Support Community - 6545003

-Souvik

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 06, 2023 Oct 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I had the same issue, I found that if I remove any characters such as hyphens, commas, full stops etc then it works fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines