• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

RdrServicesUpdater.exe - Application Error: was unable to start correctly

New Here ,
Jun 23, 2021 Jun 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows 2019 server I get this message while trying to install the Adobe Reader DC 21.005.20048. The software is installed then and can be used without any issues. Any ideas?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Hi All!

Thanks for your time and patience.

The fix is available with the latest update of Acrobat & Reader DC Continuous track: Adobe Acrobat and Reader - 21.007.2009x Optional update.

Please install the latest patch, and let us know if you experience any issues.

See this article for detailed information about this release, bug fixes and how to update the app: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/adobe-acrobat-and-reader-21-007-2009x-optional-up...

Regards,
Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Sep 21, 2021 Sep 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the same error when i close the reader 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Henry,

That fix was just for the "Save As" dialog box being empty when trying to save PDFs. I believe everyone is still in the same boat as far as the RdrServicesUpdater error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 29, 2021 Sep 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Meenakshi, are there any updates for this? or is it still being worked on?

- Jake

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I have Windows Server 2016, I have some problem with new Adobe Reader.

RdrServicesUpdater is unable to start correctly 0xc0142.

I hope will be new update to fix this problem.

Thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem come back!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the problem under windows server 2019 RDS environment.

Thx for fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on 2012R2 Terminal Server. The error appears when users closes Adobe Reader Application.

The Adobe Reader version on the server is 2021.007.20091

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the same issue in our Windows 2019 RDS enviornment after the September update rolout 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Our users running on Server 2012 R2 have started reporting this error today. 

Can you advise us when a fix is available.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you get Windows Update yet?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here, on some of my TS 2016 servers... 

I have seen the Save as problem too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How will be be notified when the issue is fixed?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have clients with this issue on a RDS 2019 server. Are there any updates when it will be resolved?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone! I think I might have found a fix. Currently, it's after hours for me, so I don't have other users to test this on their end. But I have managed to open and close Reader around 10 times without the message popping up. I will update everyone tomorrow if I find out this did not fix the issue for other users on the server, but I figured I would at least throw out what I've done in case it is a fix. I'm not sure which of these steps that I took ultimately did the trick, but I will outline everything I did in order and leave it at that. I am on Windows Server 2008R2, but I believe this will work for anyone.

1. I ensured that everyone else except myself (administrator) was logged off of the server. I went ahead and downloaded the installer for the newest version of Adobe, as well as downloaded the cleaner off of Adobe's website (https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html).

2. I then uninstalled Acrobat Reader via Control Panel.

3. I then ran the cleaner and browsed manually for the Adobe folder located in C://Program Files (x86) and selected it. It said it cleaned it and that is was removed, but the folder was still there after the process was finished.

4. I then deleted the entire Adobe folder in the Program Files (x86) location and emptied the Recycle Bin.

5. Restarted the server.

6. This next step is what I believe most likely fixed the issue (but I do not know this for sure). I went into the Registry (Run > regedit), and I navigated to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node. In this, there is an Adobe folder. I went into the Adobe folder and saw several folders that were named after the Adobe programs installed on the server. I went ahead and deleted the following folders here: Acrobat Reader, Installer, and Setup. I closed the Registry, and then restarted the server again.

7. I then ran the installer and re-installed Acrobat Reader. 

I have restarted, logged in and off, and opened up and closed Acrobat Reader a lot over the past 30 minutes and no message has popped up. I did notice the Registry folders I deleted were reinstalled with the Acrobat Reader installation, so I believe this was the actual fix. 

PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF THIS WORKED FOR ANYONE ELSE!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 23, 2021 Sep 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey all! Just wanted to follow up with this. Everyone's been in the office for about 3 hours now, and no one has gotten the message anymore. So I do believe this is a permanent fix. I hope I can get confirmation from someone else in this thread on if this worked for them or not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Worked 30 minut.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hm weird. Our users are still not getting the message. Did you uninstall with Control Panel, run the AcroCleaner, delete the rest of the Adobe folder in the Programs Files, and then empty the recycle bin? AcroCleaner also needs the computer to reboot it says to apply any changes. Deleting the registry folders is probably the most crucial step, but I would assume doing these steps also make an impact.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1. I remove Adobe from Control Panel

2. Run Adobe Cleaner

3. Manually delete Adobe folders

4. Delete in registry Adobe folder HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node 

5. Restart Server

6. Install Adobe Reader, dont get before instalatio error window-  RdrServicesUpdater is unable to start correctly 0xc0142.

7. Save As. Open PDF file work 

8. In ERP software when user can generate PDF still pop up window - windows installer 'Preparing application for first use'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I ran it yesterday evening on 4 TS 2019 servers and since then there has been NO error!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 24, 2021 Sep 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This method worked for me. I followed the exact process on 25 Remote Desktop Session Hosts running Server 2012 R2.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I m from Slovakia, and I have Win Server 2016 Standard Edition

1. I uninstalled Adobe Reader with Revo Uninstaller

2. I deleted in regitry HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\WOW6432Node - Adobe folders

3. Restart Server

4. I Installed Slovak version Adobe Reader, then I updated 2 times to get new Adobe Reader.

After update dont get - RdrServicesUpdater is unable to start correctly 0xc0142!!!

Work good after 20 minutes!!!

Thank

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Acrobat Reader version do you have installed now?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I instaled SK version 19...., then I pdated newer version with Adobe Reader, that was 19.....

Then I once again updated,  thet is the newest version Adobe Reader.

But I have problem again. 

On Server in ERP system when user generated PDF, get window Windows configating Adobe Reader, then is now again error- RdrServicesUpdater is unable to start correctly 0xc0142!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed again SK version - 2019.008.20071.

Then I went to Adobe Reader and I find new updates. I installed version - 2019.010.20098. This versions work good in Server.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tryed 2021 februar version, the problem is still.

Please fix it Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines