• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Read out loud not working

New Here ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Windows 10 computer and I had Adobe Acrobat DC reader, where I used the read out loud feature a lot.  It worked for a long while until all of a sudden one day it stopped working.  I can activate the read out loud and then click to play it and it acts as if it is going to work, but I don't hear anything. I have tried everything I know.  I have uninstalled the program and reinstalled it, I have even installed an older version to see if that is the problem and nothing is working.  Is there an update that has happened to either the adobe or my computer that would cause the read out loud feature to stop or what could be the issue, please help!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Hello,

I fixed it I updated the trust manager and I also unchecked Enable Enhanced Security and it started working again.

I made sure it wasn't a user error like speakers muted.

Nevertheless, it is working now and I'm happy.

Thank you.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2016 Aug 24, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi clifforde16706071

Please let us know the dot version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC installed on your system.

Make sure that the speaker of the systems are ON (not on mute).

Also check the option under Edit menu > Preferences > Reading. Check the volume and other options.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I fixed it I updated the trust manager and I also unchecked Enable Enhanced Security and it started working again.

I made sure it wasn't a user error like speakers muted.

Nevertheless, it is working now and I'm happy.

Thank you.

Sent from my Verizon, Samsung Galaxy smartphone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 25, 2016 Aug 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi clifforde16706071

I am glad that your issue is resolved now.

Regards,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello,

I don't quite understand what you did, could you post a step by step, please.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello my read out loud is not working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2016 Sep 06, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had to change voices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 30, 2016 Dec 30, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here.  Not sure it worked, but by changing from David to Zira, it instantly worked.  Now to figure out how to get it reading in Spanish

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried all of the above changes and checks (volume, enhanced security, voice change) and none of it works. I'm on a Mac with the latest Adobe CC subscription.

Please fix.

A

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2017 Mar 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, my read out loud function does not work. I tried using all the different voices; david, hazel and zira and it still doesn't work. I also ticked the box on and off for use default, voice, speech, read from field, confirm before tagging and override reading but still nothing.

please can anyone help?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 31, 2019 Jan 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesn't work for me- It just keeps saying "blank" "blank" "blank" where ever I click in the document and I unchecked "Enable Enhanced Security" It is speaking, I activated read out loud correctly, it just won't read any of the document. Not helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did both of those things- updated the trust manager and unchecked enable enhanced security and nothing works. It keeps saying the word "blank" at me...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Normally, if it only says "blank", that means it could be a scanned image of text so there is nothing for it to read.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 10, 2022 Sep 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi guys, 

I am alsoo having problems with my read out loud. It looks like I do not have any voice set up in my Adobe Acrobat DC 32bit.

Do you know how to add default voice? 

Lucas26051848zaz0_0-1662820867318.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines