Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC - Digital ID Configuration Required - error/message

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I have created a digital signature that works perfectly in Acrobat Pro 9.

I have also created one in the Reader DC version.

My issue is with the DC version, every time I clic the"Approval" field on my form (signature field)

I am asked to configure a new digital ID. I then must choose the "use a digital ID from a file" option.

Then browse for the file, enter the password and continue to sign the form I am filling out.

Why won't DC remember the signature I chose ??

In Acrobat Pro when I use the same form, I am just asked for the signature password when I clic on the same "Approval" field.

I can't figure out why DC will not remember my signature.

Thanks

Dan

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Dan_movie,

Please try repair installation of the application and then follow the steps below:

• Click the Sign icon in the toolbar, and then choose whether you want to add your signature or just initials.

Add signature or initials

• If you have already added signatures or initials, they are displayed as options to choose from.
  • If you've already added your signature or initials, just select it from the Sign options, and then click at the place in the PDF where you want to add your signature.
    You may also refer to the link below for detailed steps about the same:
    Let me know if you till need help.
    Thanks,
    Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think we are talking about the same thing.

My issue is with a Digital ID not a box with my name that looks like I manually signed on the form.

To help clarify, I have attached a view of that portion of my Form (it was created in Acrobat Pro 9).

Normally I click on the "First Approval" field and a pop asks me to enter my password to sign the form.

What is now happening is that the pop-up window is always asking me to go thru the steps to create a new digital ID to use for signing instead of offering me the option to use the one already existing.

SignatureFields.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will add, when you click on the signature box, it comes up with 'Digital ID Configuration Required'.  I too have already created my digital ID.  I can click on 'Configure Digital ID' button, but then I can click the Cancel button at the bottom and it will then show my Digital ID and I can click Continue and enter my password.  If I go to sign another signature box on the same PDF, it will then go straight to my digital ID.  But, if I get out of that PDF, then go back into it and click on any of the signature boxes, it ask me to configure a digital ID.  Like I said before, you can click Cancel at this point and move on.  But it's a hassle.  Hope this helps (and makes sense) anyone who can help!  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the "cancel" button tip.

My form and DC Reader have the exact same behavior, which for me is a new thing.

I had this form up and running before the holidays without this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 16, 2017 Jan 16, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem and only started experiencing it once everyone upgraded to Reader DC.  The forms are created in Adobe LiveCycle Designer ES 8.2 and used to work just find for the end users who were filling out the forms and then signing, or rather applying their digital ID.  I know that we need to upgrade LiveCycle to version 11, but I don't want to spend a bunch of money on licenses if it still will not allow users to digitally sign (ID) the forms in Adobe Reader DC.

Currently, when a user clicks on the signature block in the form, nothing happens.  I'm assuming it is a compatability issue with LiveCycle 8.2 and Reader DC.  Can anyone shed some light on this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2017 Jan 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My technicians are all having this problem as well.  The forms were made using Acrobat 10 and everything worked fine until about two weeks ago when this issue of being asked to create their signature came up.

Another issue they are having that just started about two weeks ago as well, is that they can no longer clear their signature if they notice a mistake on their entered data and need to correct it.  They used to be able to do this but now can't.

As I mentioned both of these issues started about two weeks ago after an update in DC reader.  I'm having the technicians uninstall reader DC and install reader 11 to see if this corrects the problem until DC is fixed since we never had an issue with reader 10 or 11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well reverting to Reader 11 didn't help with either issue.  The only thing I can think of is that the version of 11 you can still download has the same update as the DC version that changed this functionality.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 01, 2017 Feb 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tend to think that Adobe is updating Reader to not work with previous versions, so that users are forced to update to a subscription based service. 

All we are looking to do is to be able to create fillable forms with multiple signature fields which will utilize a digital ID signature -- not what Adobe calls an 'electronic signature' which is merely a glorified typewriter module that allows you to type a name in a cursive script.  We need credentialing and a secured document after the signatures are applied. 

What becomes truly frustrating is not being able to talk to anyone at Adobe who has knowledge of all of the following: 1 - what it is going to cost, 2 - if the suggested solution (program/subscription options) is going to actually fix our problem, 3 - moderate mastery of speaking the english language.  I'm just not sure where to go with this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines