Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC issue - Certificates - Cannot draw area to Digitally Sign

New Here ,
Apr 27, 2022 Apr 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,
When users try to Digitally Sign any pdf document in Acrobat Reader DC, he cannot draw the area and the following message is always received:

Error.png

This is happening only on one laptop, and it doesn't matter which account is used for Windows login (admin or non admin). We tried with several different users.

Acrobat Reader DC Version: 2022.001.20117 - 64-bit

Same user doesn’t experience the issue on a different laptop.
Actions that we already tried:
- Unchecking: "Use modern user interface for signing and Digital ID configuration"

- Resetting Adobe Preference settings to default
- Reinstalling Acrobat Reader DC (uninstall/install), updating to the latest version
- Installing different versions of Acrobat Reader DC
- Running the Acrobat Reader as admin
- Removing the installation with Acrobat Cleaner Tool, restarting the laptop, installing new version

More screenshots attached for your reference.

Could you please advise?

Regards,
Milos

TOPICS
Security digital signatures and esignatures

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 28, 2022 Apr 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Milos

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble.

Is this an issue with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check. If the file is stored on a shared network/drive please download it to your computer locally and then try to sign it again and check.

Also, please share a small video recording of the steps you are doing to sign the PDF and the issue you are getting, for a better understanding.

As you have tried most of the troubleshooting steps with no success. Please try to reset the acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Win and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER FORUM

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Thank you for your answer. 

As described in my original post, I have issue with any pdf documents.

I have also Reset Adobe Preference settings to default.

None of the above solved the issue.

Regards,

Milos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Milos

Please try testing the Acrobat in the new test user profile with full admin rights or enable the root account in MAc and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 29, 2022 Apr 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

I have created a new user  (OS is Window 10) and added it to Administrators group. Unfortunatelly, I still cannot draw area. The message is the same.

Please advise.

Regards,

Milos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 02, 2022 May 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Would you mind sharing a small video recording of the steps you are doing and the issue you are experiencing? Also please share a sample PDF file so that we can check it at our end.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2022 May 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

Please find attached.

Regards,

Milos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Milos

Thanks for sharing the video recording, Once you go to tools and select the certificate tool > Digital signature, please click the mouse button, and while holding the mouse button, drag the mouse to draw the rectangle on the PDF where you want the sign. to appear.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal,

That is not possible to do. The message appears immediatly when you click and hold and move the mouse. 

Please advise.

Regards,

Milos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

We are sorry to hear that.

Please do not release the mouse button once clicked, just press the mouse button and while holding it, drag the mouse on your screen and check.

If it still doesn't work , try to reset the Acrobat preferences as described here https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-defau...

You may also try to create a new test user profile with full admin rights in Windows and try using the application there and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear Amal, 

Thank you for your support. However, you are now proposing again the same things I've have done during my own troubleshooting and you have proposed in previous posts. 

For sure I know how to drag area for digital signature because I said that it works on other PCs/Laptops.

For reseting to default prefferences and creating an account with full admin rigths I have explained twice: 

- in my first post

- in my second and third reply

Regards,

Milos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 04, 2022 May 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Milos,

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. Please collect the Adobe CC logs https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/find-installation-log-files.html and procmon logs https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/acromonitor.html and share them via document cloud as described here https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html

~Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 11, 2022 May 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Amal, 

I apologize for not replying earlier. There are difficulties in uploading requested files via document cloud as suggested in https://helpx.adobe.com/document-cloud/help/sharing-pdfs.html It looks like that only pdf files can be shared through the Adobe document cloud. 

For that reason, I'm attaching the files here, but because of the existing limitations on the support forum, I have changed file extensions for two files.

Once you download files, please rename the following:

1. Amon.fbx to Amon.pmc

2. ProcMonLog.fbx to ProcMonLog.pml 

Let me know if anything else is needed from my side.

Regards,

Milos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 16, 2022 May 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

Thanks for sharing the details,

I have shared the same with the engineering team for review, will share the update as soon as we get any news from them.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dear support team, 

Do you have any updates?

Regards,

Milos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2022 Jun 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there

This issue is still under investigation by our engineering team as they are working on it for a fix. We will share the update as soon as we hear anything from them.

Thanks for your time and patience

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Dear support team, 

It has been awhile, seven months to be precise. Do you have any updates?

Regards,

Milos

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines