• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader DC won't install

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2021 Jun 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, this has been covered before, but I wonder if there have been new fixes since last raised on this community 2 years ago.

I previously had Acrobat Reader DC Pro installed from a free trial in error - meant to install the standard free version. I have not paid for a license and it has been working fine ever since albeit with limited features of the free version. I don't require the full features.

Due to a particular document causing issues I uninstalled the Pro, and since then I cannot install the free version. Every time it tells me I have a newer version installed - now I do not have any copy installed!

I have run the Adobe Cleaner, run CC Cleaner on the registry, and tried the direct install option - nothing seems to make any difference. I'm wondering if I paid for a full copy whether I would have this issue....

Any suggestions gratefully received.

TOPICS
Download and install

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2021 Jun 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We apologize for the delay in response.

There is no such application named "Acrobat Reader DC Pro". Its either Adobe Acrobat Reader DC freeware or Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (paid or trial) 

To summarize it all, we assume, you might have installed Acrobat Pro DC to use the 7-days free trial. When trial finished, you wished to go back to the free version. Then due to some issue, you uninstalled the Pro version as well as freeware.

Since then, haven't been able to install the freeware Acrobat Reader DC.

Lets focus on these things:

1- Run this cleaner tool first on your system, to remove any previous traces of application: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/acrobatcleaner.html  Once done, Reboot the computer and then try downloading freeware Acrobat Reader DC from this link: https://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/ 

2- If you still get to see "Newer version already installed", following error appears due to a missing update for Universal C Runtime in Windows. Install the update using one of the following ways:

https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/error-newer-version-already-installed-acrobat-reader-d... 

Try Solution 1,2 or 3. This should help and let you complete your Reader DC installation.

Thanks,

Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2021 Jun 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you, all sorted now.

I apologise for mis-naming your products.

For future reference, I did have error 1722 which is the Microsoft Universal Runtime C which needed updating. Once this was done DC installed fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 28, 2021 Jun 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you for taking out time and updating the discussion. 

Glad to hear that worked for you. Let us know if there's any further assistance is required. 

~Akanchha 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines