• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Reader in WIndows Server 2019 change to Pro automatically

Community Beginner ,
Jul 06, 2022 Jul 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I get an issue two days ago, when I open a pdf file in server, show me login page to Adobe ID if I cancel, Reader close. I remove reader from server, and download again, install and work right, but two hours later aproximatelly Acrobar Reader transform to Acrobat DC Pro and I can't open pdf files, why it change automatically?

TOPICS
Download and install , General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Someone else using the same server, who has an Acrobat license? Or clicks for free trial of Edit etc.?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I installed Acrobat Reader DC which is free, no license is required

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand, but does any other person use this server? I'm assuming a shared Terminal Server. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, you're right. It's a shared terminal server. But anyone has admin privileges except me, so I suppose anyone can change instalation. right?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yesterday, a user confirm me that put Adobe ID credentials to can merge pdf files, so I suppose license is save in registry and when I install Reader look for in registry and ask again for ID credentials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 07, 2022 Jul 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If any user of the system has a subscription to use Acrobat Pro, or Acrobat Standard, or Creative Cloud all apps; and this user opens a PDF, then Acrobat Reader is automatically converted to the paid product. There is now only one product, so all the people who want to use Reader on the same computer now need a license. I don't say this is a good thing, but it does explain what is happening.  If you reinstall Reader it will last until a subscribing user next opens a PDF. You cannot stop this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines