• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Recent files list not updating in Acrobat Reader on Mac

Community Beginner ,
Apr 19, 2024 Apr 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the long and short of it is in the title: the recent files list is not updating in my Acrobat Reader. I've been noticing this behaviour since the end of February/the start of March. I don't know the exact date, but I know I had a job where I had to juggle tons of PDFs, and it was a pain.

I have three machines, I checked all of them, and the recent files list doesn't work on any of them.

Version 1.

Acrobat Reader version: 2024.002.20687

macOS version: Sonoma 14.4.1. on an M1 Mac Mini

I've reinstalled this today, just to see if it changes anything. It didn't.

Version 2.

Acrobat Reader version: 2024.002.20687

macOS version: Ventura 13.6.6. on a 2017 Macbook Pro

According to this version's recent files, I last opened a pdf file on 14 March, which is not true, I just opened a file to test it. I'm also not signed into my Adobe Account here, unlike with versions 1. and 3.

Version 3.

Acrobat Reader version: 2024.001.20643

macOS version: Sonoma 14.4.1. on an M1 Macbook Air

On every version, my settings look like this:

adamsarpatki_0-1713514745259.png

And if I sign in in a browser, my recent files list is still empty.

adamsarpatki_1-1713514907078.png

So, what should I do? I'm working with PDFs all day, the recent list is my best colleague. 🙂

Thank you!

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[MOVED TO THE ACROBAT READER DISCUSSIONS]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi adam.sarpatki,

Thank you for reaching out.

Please share the screenshot for the desktop application showing the recent list. Also, let us know if the issue started after the recent update or if it was the same as in February.

We tried replicating the behavior on our end, and it works fine. It would be helpful if you could share the screen recording of the issue so we can share it with the team. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure, I recorded a Loom for you showing the issue: https://www.loom.com/share/b72bab834a3343058cc4b2c030b432ca?sid=7e6a200d-8974-4a12-9896-6abdd42382f0

I hope everything will be clear, I was trying to find files and folders without any sensitive info.

1. The test_pdf file I opened was stored locally. That showed up on the Recent list without issue.

2. Then I opened a file from Google Drive, like I always do when I'm working, straight from Finder. That didn't show up, even though it was downloaded.

3. When I linked Google Drive and Adobe Acrobat, the same file did show up on the list. Which is strange. I didn't know this "add file storage" feature existed. Still, it would be nice if it wasn't required for files from Google Drive to show up on the list.

This issue started kind of at the end of February. I don't know the exact date or if it was before or after the recent update, sorry. The issue is also present on my Macbook Air which has a previous version of Reader (see my previous post), but that's about all I can say on the matter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, @MeenakshiNegi, sorry for not tagging you in my previous reply. I've only just noticed that I probably should've done that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here too.  Started after last update.

Adobe Acrobat Pro version 2024.002.20687

Macbook Pro 2020

Sonoma 14.4.1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2024 Apr 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello. I am having the exact same problem and it only started recently.  I am using a MacBook Pro with Sonoma 14.1, 2.4 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9 processor. Need resolution. Very incovenient issue.  Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2024 Apr 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same exact issue in Acrobat DC on Mac. Started today when it updated to Version 24. I've had more than a dozen PDFs open since then and not a one of them has added to Recents in the desktop app or the web app.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2024 Apr 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here - recent update to Acrobat has stopped my recents list working. No PDFs get added to the recents list since the update. I am on Macbook Pro M1 Pro with Ventura 13.6.6

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 27, 2024 Apr 27, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue. The list of recent files on the Home tab, "Open recent files..." and "Save in recent folder"; the recent files and recent folders are no longer being updated since around mid-March (judging by date last opened on the Acrobat home tab)

Adobe Acrobat Pro
Version 2024.002.20687
macOS Ventura 13.6.6
iMac Retina 5K, 27-inch, 2017 (Intel)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue since about one week. IMac Sonoma 14>,14<,1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 02, 2024 May 02, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue with Acrobat DC on my Mac. Also started toward the end of March - not updating the list of recent directories when using "save as..."

This is a really annoying bug - especially when working with PDFs all day every day. Please investigate and fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 03, 2024 May 03, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this.

The issue has been reported to the team, and they are working on fixing it.

We will update you once we have more information. We appreciate your patience. 

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 08, 2024 May 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same issue- Adobe try making your customers happy for a change

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem. Has no one found a resolution?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2024 May 15, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I mean, I've switched to PDFgear on Mac and PC. That was my solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines