• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Remove duplicate pdf pages

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a large PF fie that has duplicate pages how can I remove them or move them so I have only one copy of each file to look at. I have adobe acrobat DC. Is this even possible? There are 15K + pages in this file.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Apr 29, 2018 Apr 29, 2018

15K pages? There is nothing in Acrobat that will look for and delete duplicate pages.

Is there a pattern?

Maybe you can hire a scripter (if there is a pattern) to select the duplicate pages and extract or delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can delete and move pages under Tools > Organize Pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am struggling with how to do this. Can you please provide further instructions? Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 15, 2020 Jun 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Delete pages: select the pages and press the delete  key

Move Pages: select the page and drag it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

15K pages? There is nothing in Acrobat that will look for and delete duplicate pages.

Is there a pattern?

Maybe you can hire a scripter (if there is a pattern) to select the duplicate pages and extract or delete them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2019 Sep 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No there really is not a pattern. What it is is 15K+ pages that were sent to our lawyer in a litigation case. There is duplicate and triplicates in it and if I could get rid of the duplicates I would probably only have only half to look at. I knew it would be hard to do but I thought I would ask. It is hard to remember what you have removed and have't when doing this because you see the same thing over and over. Thank you for the advice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2019 Nov 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export whole pdf as single JPG files in a folder: File -> Export to -> Image -> JPEG (this is only to detect the page numbers, acrobat will name jpg files with page numbers, save them as low quality to save time) -> Scan folder for duplicates with any app that finds jpg dubplicates -> Move duplicates to trash with the app (make sure trash is already empty before you move them to the trash) -> go to the trash bin, select all and copy (cmd + C) -> open TextEdit and paste (text will be pasted) -> Find (cmd + F) and Replace all unuseful informations from the lines (let Replace empty to delete those informations) until only the page numbers are left and bringt them into one line separated with commas (for example 1, 15, 32, 78, ...) -> go to your origin pdf file on acrobat and go to "organize pages" -> paste the page numbers where the drop down menu is so the pages will be selected -> delete the pages, done

Edit: Adobe Acrobat does not delete more than 1000 pages, which means you have to repeat those steps over and over again until there are no more duplicates if you have a pdf file with like 15k pages...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 02, 2020 May 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This will not work on a Windows system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export whole pdf as single JPG files in a folder: File - > Export to - > Image -> JPEG ( this is only to detect the page numbers, acrobat will name jpg files with page numbers, save them as low quality to save time) -> Scan folder for duplicates with any app that finds jpg duplicates -> Move duplicates to trash with the app -> go to the trash bin, select all delete duplicates and copy ( cmd + C) -> open TextEdit and paste (text will be pasted) -> Find (cmd + F) and Replace all unuseful informations from the lines (let “Replace” empty to delete those informations) until only the page numbers are left and bringt them into one line separated with commas (for example 1, 15, 32, 78, ... ) -> go to your origin pdf file on acrobat and go to "organize pages" -> paste the page numbers where the drop down menu is so the pages will be selected -> delete the pages, done

Unfortunately Acrobat will only delete 1000 pages at once, so everytime you delete 1k duplicates the page numbers obviously will be changed, so you have to repeat the steps above all over and over again until there are no more duplicates but it’s still the faster way in the end.

This only may work on a Mac, i did not test it on a windows system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THERE IS NOT ANYTHING TO BE REMOVED. THE DOCUMENT NEEDS TO BE CHANGED ONLY.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 20, 2024 May 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I tried the demo of autosplit by evermap and it has an acrobat plugin that will detect and delete duplicate pages.  Seems to work well.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines