• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Repeated Requests to Register Acrobat 2020; Signing-In Now Required?

Explorer ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using a WIndows 10 PC desktop.

Ever since I upgraded from Acrobat 2017 to Acrobat 2020, three new issues:

1) I am now required to sign in to Adobe in order to use Acrobat 2020. I never had to sign in before.

2) When I sign out, I get a window that states:

By clicking "Sign out" you'll sign out of and deactivate every Adobe application on this device."

That's never happened before.

And now after signing out, when I open myPhotoshop Elements 15, it makes me "accept" an Adobe Software License Agreement. Hey, I already did that when I first bought that software.

3) When signed out, upon clicking on a PDF on my hard drive, it goes to open Acrobat 2020 but makes me reenter my 24-digit Registration Number for that Acrobat 2020. Why must I do this? They obviously already have this information to have given it to me in the first place and I already regstered when I bought the product.

And, since I am clicking fron my hard drive, a browser is not involved so it's not like a browser cookie is involved, right?

What is going on?

TOPICS
View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Add this to #2

2) When launching PE 15 from my hard drive, it wants me to "Sign In" and then presents me woth a 15-day Trial. Or, If I figure out to click on the gray-shaded box "License This Software", I get to enter my 24-digit code for PE15 then my PE15 launches onto my desktop.

Why all of this rigmarole?

It appears the only way to avoid all of this is to leave me signed-in 24/7 which I do not believe I need to do or want to do, for Big Brother reasons.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out, and sorry about the trouble.

Did you try once reinstalling the application? If not, please try the following steps:

1. Remove the application and run the cleaner tool from here: https://www.adobe.com/devnet-docs/acrobatetk/tools/Labs/cleaner.html.

2. Reboot the machine.

3. Reinstall the application from this page: https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/acrobat-2020-downloads.html

Check if that helps.

Let us know if you still experience the issue.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 30, 2022 Mar 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Meenakshi,

Thanks for your reply.

No, I hadn't tried reinstalling it. I presumed you meant uninstall only Acrobat 2020 and no other Adobe product, so I uninstalled it, which had me restart the computer. Then I started the Adobe Acrobat DC Cleaner Tool but a few swconds after clicking  "Clean Now" on it, it said (Not Responding) and after 15 minutes of that, I closed it via my Task Manager and tried again. However, the second time it once again said (Not Reponding) for over 10 minutes now, so I closed it via Task Manager and am writing you this message.

At this point, my Acrobat 2020 product is uninstalled and the cleaner tool does not respond.

(Incidentally, with Acobat 2020 uninstaled I am able to launch Photo Elements 15 without having to "Sign-In" to anything, nor receive that 15-day Trial offer, nor having to re-register. It"s working jut like it did when I had Acrobat 2017.)

What do you advise at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I needed to use Acrobat just now but before reinstalling it I re-ran the Cleaner Tool twice just now and both times it gave me "Not Responding". I went ahead and installed Acrobat 2020. It's back up but still requires me to Sign In before it will let me open an display a PDF.

Si, I don't think anything has changed.

What does anyone advise at this point?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 31, 2022 Mar 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

Please try creating a new user account on your machine.

Then install Acrobat there and check if you experience the same behavior.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 01, 2022 Apr 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you mean a new user account on Adobe's website? What URL do I visit for that, please?

I presume it will ask for my 24-digit registration code. Will it let me do this without denying me because it's the same machine/device? At this point, Acribat is reinstalled on my machine.

Otherwise, what do you mean?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines