Exit

RTL twin-pages display issue

Community Beginner ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good day,

The issue (Adobe Acrobat):

A PDF file which have right-to-left (RTL) texts (e.g. Arabic, Hebrew, etc.), viewing pages side-by-side, its pages display order came out as:

Page1 | Page2

Page3 | Page4

However, it should be displayed from right to left, i.e.:

Page2 | Page1

Page4 | Page3

My solution:

Within the open PDF document;

Edit  ->  Preferences

Page Display

Page Layout -> Two-Up Continuous

Accessibility -> Always … ->  Two-Up Continuous

Language

Default Reading dir   -> RTL

Enable RTL Language option

Main paragraph direction -> RTL

It is OK for me, problem solved on my desktop.

Sharing the file by email, the receiving PC disregards my solution, displaying the document according to the receiving PC different Preferences.

Any idea for sharing the file to includes my displays preferences?

Thanx

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

What you may do is the following: Open the PDF in question, from the menu File > Properties, click on the "Initial View" tab on top and choose Tow Up Facing, then click on "Advanced" tab and select "Right Edge" from the Binding drop menu.

Initial view.jpgAdvanced.jpg

Save a copy of your PDF, then open the new PDF,  open Page panel thumbnail panel and make sure that page one now is on the top right of the pages list.

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.23.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 19, 2019 Sep 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Selaview,

Thank you for reaching out and sharing the solution to the problem. 

The initial view settings are defined by the author/creator of the PDF, so only the author can change the default view settings of the document. However, the receiver can adjust the display settings on his/her computer as shared by you.

Regards,

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2019 Sep 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What you may do is the following: Open the PDF in question, from the menu File > Properties, click on the "Initial View" tab on top and choose Tow Up Facing, then click on "Advanced" tab and select "Right Edge" from the Binding drop menu.

Initial view.jpgAdvanced.jpg

Save a copy of your PDF, then open the new PDF,  open Page panel thumbnail panel and make sure that page one now is on the top right of the pages list.

Screen Shot 2019-09-22 at 5.23.18 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks, Amal and Zaid,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks Amal and Zaid, my "Document Properties" does not include the "Initial View" tab. But, nevertheless, once we solved my original RTL issue, still remain the bigger issue - a remote receiver will get the copy by email or download service, open it for reading on its desktop-laptop etc, and get the same problem. Can't we "lock" the new properties for the document? All the best, Selaview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks a lot mate 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines