Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Save a fillable form as non-fillable

New Here ,
Jul 08, 2015 Jul 08, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC - how can I save a fillable form I have filled in as non-editable by the people I send it to?

Thanks

cybelex

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cybelex,

Please let me know the application using which the form is created?

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Aadesh

The document has been created with Adobe Acrobat X Pro by our graphic designer. It is a certificate template which I then enter the details into the fields and want to send on to the learner - however, I don't want the learner to be able to change the details in the fields and create their own certificates! Even if I save the document with a different name and email it, the recipient can still edit the fields. How can I get around this? I do not have Adobe Acrobat X Pro on my machine, only Adobe Acrobat Reader DC.

Thanks

Jane 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi cybelex,

Such restrictions cannot be implemented using  Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. You will need Acrobat for it.

Try suggestion from this link: How to "flatten" a pdf in Adobe Acrobat X Pro, Under print production, under tool in Acrobat--> Flattener preview. Also, ::Form Field Flattening in Acrobat X

Regards,

Aadesh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Aadesh, although this does not help my situation!

Kind regards

Jane 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you're done filling out the form, click Print and when you see the drop down menu with your printer name on it, click the arrow and select "PDF" and then Print. It will ask you to name it and where to Save it - after Saving it, go back to it an open it, you should see that it can no longer be edited. You can then attach to email and send.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 14, 2015 Jul 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

acka94029163 wrote:

After you're done filling out the form, click Print and when you see the drop down menu with your printer name on it, click the arrow and select "PDF" and then Print. It will ask you to name it and where to Save it - after Saving it, go back to it an open it, you should see that it can no longer be edited. You can then attach to email and send.

That requires having Acrobat Pro or some other pdf printer on your system and is not available with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 02, 2020 Oct 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can go into each feild and set it to read only then save it, or you can print and scan it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 03, 2020 Oct 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can't do that with the free Reader, unless you use a script.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 20, 2023 Mar 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Acrobat Pro DC, and printing to PDF is not an option

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 21, 2023 Mar 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you acka94029163 I have so many fill-in forms that I need to email as non-fillable without restricting it with a password. you are a genious. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines