• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Scrolling too fast on Adobe Acrobat Pro DC

New Here ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have Adobe Acrobat Pro DC (version 2017.009.20044) and, since yesterday, the scrolling with my touchpad goes way too faster than I can control. I'm a researcher and reading PDFs is a basic part of my job, and it is very uncomfortable not being able to scroll properly. I'm using windows 10, by the way.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

New Here , Oct 27, 2021 Oct 27, 2021

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jul 05, 2022 Jul 05, 2022

After I uninstall Logitech option+, this issue disappeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Sep 22, 2022 Sep 22, 2022

Thank you!! I had tried to customize point and scroll, but thought it was locked in global only. Your instructions made me take a second look, and low & behold... SUCCESS! Put speed at 0, smooth scrolling OFF, smartshift off. Works perfectly! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 08, 2017 Jun 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Oscartd,

As explained above it seems that you have recently started experiencing this problem. So far there hasn't been any changes applied to the application which would cause this to happen.

You may check under "Page Display" whether Enable Scrolling is selected or not? If not, then put a check there.

Launch application>View>Page Display>Enable Scrolling

Also, check Edit>Preferences>Page Display> Single Page/Single Page Continuous

Let us know if that works.

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 09, 2017 Jun 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, none of it worked. I discovered that when I plug in a mouse, the scrolling works perfect, but since my touchpad works fine in all the others apps, I still think this is an Adobe problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 25, 2017 Jun 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am experiencing the exact same problem. Mouse wheel scrolling is all right, but touchpad two-finger scrolling is too fast. The touchpad is a Precision touchpad which Windows 10 supports natively, so this should not be a driver issue.

I am quite sure it is a faulty programming on the Adobe's side. Please test scrolling on a laptop with a Precision touchpad (such as XPS 13).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Akanchha,

There is definitely an issue with MacOS and Acrobat Pro DC's scrolling, and it's not MacOS. If you scroll in a PDF, it's a different speed and is very jumpy compared to scrolling in the Acrobat Pro DC's preferences menu (Command-comma). The OS is scrolling as it is set in the system preferences in the OS, but Acrobat PDF scrolling is much more jittery.....Acrobat does not appear to be "listening" to the System Preferences when scrolling within a PDF.... test it yourself between Acrobat's Preferences menu and Acrobat PDF.

Please help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 03, 2017 Aug 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So it turns out that it is a glitch in the Page Display--> "Enable Scrolling" setting. Details are at this post: How can i change the mouse' wheel-scrolling-speed in Adobe Reader / Acrobat Pro?

Basically, you need to change your Page Display setting to "Single Page View" for Acrobat Pro DC to recognize your system scroll settings.......this seems like a pretty stupid bug. @

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2019 Nov 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for this solution to an irritating problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately that didn't work for me. Besides, the Single Page View doesn't allow for smooth scrolling between pages.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 14, 2023 Mar 14, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That didn't work for me either. When in single-page view, one click down of the mouse wheel scrolls about 4 pages at a time. Scroll is totally unusable, and only in Acrobat. All other apps scroll just fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 07, 2017 Jul 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue with touch gesture scrolling a Wacom tablet with my MacBook Pro running macOS Sierra - scrolling way too fast!

I tried solutions suggested here and elsewhere, to no avail. Yet mousewheel scrolling works just fine. And I don't have this problem with any other application...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 03, 2018 May 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a solution yet? We are in May 2018 now, and the bug is still present! Scrolling speed is way very fast using the touchpad.

What makes it even funnier is that using Microsoft Edge to read, highlight, and comment a pdf file is easier and more stable than using adobe reader!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still not fixed?! Why no one from the staff is replying to us????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

2021 and it is still not fixed. They must be busy adding more toolbars and features that nobody needs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

leaving a comment for the future of mankind

using MX Master 3 on Macbook Pro

more keywords so people will find this: apple, mbp, logitech, adobe, scrolling too fast

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2018 Oct 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have microsoft precision touchpad and I too am facing similar issue.
For documents with fewer pages scrolling works fine, but with large number of pages ( say 1000) the scrolling goes nuts, its way too faster. If I try to scroll very slowly the page would just flicker.

I am now viewing pdf either on Chrome or Drawboard pdf. no issues there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 24, 2019 Apr 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same symptoms. Having a windows precision touchpad, and the scrolling is way too sensitive on documents with many pages. Why hasn't this been looked at yet by anyone of the staff??

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 16, 2019 Jul 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I apologize, missed follow-up on this issue.

Adobe Acrobat official update (19.012.20034) is now available. This update will be automatically pushed to all existing installations of Acrobat. If you want, you may also manually trigger the update early by opening the application and going to Help > Check for Updates.

Or you can install the update directly from DC Release Notes — Release Notes for Acrobat DC Products

Thanks,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 21, 2019 Sep 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 19.012.20040 on Windows 10 Thinkpad Carbon X1 , and I still have this problem...can't believe Adobe has become so lousy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 19, 2019 Nov 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

19.012.20056 here, still experiencing the same issue, I'm on an xps 13 with windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 30, 2019 Sep 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit: I just realized this only occurs on large documents! Scrolling is way too fast on my PDF with 1300 pages, but a PDF with 6 pages has the correct scrolling speed.

I'm experiencing this also on my Thinkpad P72. Touchpad scrolling is much too fast. Chrome, for example, scrolls at a reasonable speed, so it seems like something specific to Acrobat.

I ran into a similar bug when developing a Windows App for my day job. We realized the framework we were using interpretted high-res mouse input incorrectly. If using a high-res pointer device like a gaming mouse or many touchpads, scroll events included more pixels than they should have.

Not saying this is the same bug of course, just throwing it out there in case it helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just want to add that I'm experiencing the same type of inconsistency. The trackpad can scroll just fine on webpages and smaller PDFs but when there's a lot of content the scrolling is super fast and unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 16, 2019 Nov 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem here on dell xps 13/windows 10; only large pdf files opened with acrobat scroll too fast on touchpad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 07, 2021 Oct 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if that is the case, then it is really stupid tbh if we dont have control over what is considered as "large"

it's waaaay too fast on my document with 24 pages

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. I have a Surface Laptop 2, and the track pad is amazing, but when I try to scroll on a large document for a school textbook (1008 pages), it will zip almost to the bottom of the doc in one swipe across the track pad. This laptop was just replaced and the previous laptop had no issues with this document, so I'm not sure where the issue is coming from. I have the newest version of Adobe too. Hopefully this issue can be resolved, but it sounds like it's been going on for a while now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 07, 2019 Nov 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm facing the same issue with two finger scrolling going very fast. 

I didn't have this on my Macbook air, but my new lenovo sensitive track pad is scrolling 5 pages for every scroll.

I changed all system trackpad settings but no use,I wish adobe fixes this issue at the earliest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines