• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

search function in Acrobat Reader not working

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2022 Jun 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am attempting to search a long document for specific terms/words. I constantly get the dialogue box stating 'Adobe acrobat has finished searching the document. No matches were found.' Yet i am looking right at the word i am searching for on the doc. I just uninstalled and reinstalled the latest version of Reader as I was having other problems. Those problems have now been resolved, but the search function now no longer works. I also checked for updates  and there are NONE available.  These are all docs which i have been able to 'search' previously. I attempted to uninstall and reinstall a second time and the same problem persists. I have also tried the internal 'repair' feature. I still cannot use the search function.

Edition Windows 10 Home
Version 21H2
OS build 19044.1706
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 120.2212.4170.0

TOPICS
How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you able to manually select the text you're searching for? If so, copy it and then paste into another application, like Notepad. Is the pasted text the same as the one you see in the PDF file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no i cant manually select the text. This is a pdf doc that i am using with acrobat reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then it's not real text. It's an image with text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that has nothing to do with my not being able to search in a pdf doc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2022 Jun 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does. Text in an image can't be searched because it's not real text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines