• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Search not working in Acrobat DC/Windows 10

New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this topic has been covered extinsively in the past, but none of the solutions worked in my situation.  I'm running Windows 10 with all updates and Acrobat Reader DC on a month-old laptop.  Acrobat worked as expected until this morning.  Now, the Search feature does not work.  CTL/F does nothing.  Clicking the Search tool icon brings up the search text box, but no input is allowed.  I have Disabled fast find, purged the cache contents, uninstalled, run the Adobe Registry tool cleaner, and reinstalled, then checked for updates  (none were found), and ran the repair utility.  This happens with multiple files, all of which allow Search in Chrome and Edge.  There has been no Windows update since Acrobat Reader last worked.  This issued is not addresssed in the Known Issues for REader DC.  Below is my installation info:

Reader DC version 2021.001.20145, File Version 21.001.20145.32109, AGM Version 4.030.00106, CoolType Version 5.014.00062, COre Version 21.256, JP2K Version 1.002.00003.48161

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

I just solved my ownd problem.  For those with the same issue, open Reader DC and Click:
- Edit

- Preferences

- Security (Enhanced)

- Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup"

- Close and Restart 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2021 Apr 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I just solved my ownd problem.  For those with the same issue, open Reader DC and Click:
- Edit

- Preferences

- Security (Enhanced)

- Uncheck "Enable Protected Mode at startup"

- Close and Restart 

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines