Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Set Reader DC as default for ALL users

Community Beginner ,
Jan 21, 2019 Jan 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We are running Remote-Desktop Farm (about 50 users connect into this) on Windows Server 2012 R2.

We have installed DC pro as some users require the additional functionality. However, this has set the default for ALL 50 users (they are now all being prompted for sign-in, and 50x creative cloud is now running at startup etc.).

Setting under Default programs results in a user-only change, not machine specific. Is there a way to set the free reader as the default on a machine level? (at which point we will advise the pro users to use right click -> open with).

Currently I am looking under HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Classes\.PDF but I do not understand the key enough to see where it's setting a default. (I have also checked in HKEY_Current_user when changing my default programs to see if there was a change in there which I could replicate to current machine, which makes me think the default program is not set here).

Any advice much appreciated, we would much rather go at a machine default preference than setting a group policy just for this (which we have tested anyway but to no avail)

Thanks,

Rhys

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Hey Rhysp, 

Apologize for the delay in response.

Setting under Default programs results in a user-only change, not machine specific. Is there a way to set the free reader as the default on a machine level? (at which point we will advise the pro users to use right click -> open with).

You may try the steps suggested in here: Installation options — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 20, 2019 Feb 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey Rhysp, 

Apologize for the delay in response.

You may try the steps suggested in here: Installation options — Acrobat Customization Wizard DC for Windows

Regards,

Akanchha

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2022 Mar 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines