• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Show FULL file name on tabs

New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there a way to show the full file name on tabs?

I often need to have 5-10 tabs open, all file names need to start with the same address, and I need to frequently flip back and forth between them.

I can't see the latter half of the file names so waste too much time looking for the right tab

image.png

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , View PDF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have a solution but I wanted to make sure you know that you can see the full name by hovering over the tab.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That only works part of the time, and I shouldn't have to take that extra step. this should be an option to change to full name.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 26, 2024 Jun 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hovering does not work.  I want new Adobe Acrobat to look like the old, see picture. adobe filename.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 17, 2023 Oct 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I have this issue too, drives me nuts!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 22, 2024 Jan 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Constantly hovering over tabs isn't a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2024 Feb 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue, googled and this is the first link, without any solution 😞

Tried GPT and this is what was suggested and it solved the issue. Here are the steps

To display the filename instead of the document title on tabs in Adobe Acrobat, follow these steps:

1. Open Adobe Acrobat.
  2. Go to Edit.
  3. Select Preferences.
  4. Choose Documents.
  5. Under Open Settings, click Always Use Filename As Document Title.

This setting will ensure that the filename appears in the tab, making it easier to differentiate between multiple open documents with the same title but different names.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, this does not resolve the issue.
The issue is that tabs are not wide enough to show the full name - whether that name is the Filename or the Document Title.

The steps given only help if you want to use the Filename rather than the "Document Title" (as specified in the Document Properties). Even if you change this you cannot read see what is written in the tabs because the tabs are too short.

In the past you could see the filename or document title by looking at the Applications' Title Bar. Adobe needs to give an option to show the Window Bar. It would also help to turn on the Menu bar as well. What they've done is create a semi-pseudo-full screen mode that you cannot exit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Feb 06, 2024 Feb 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Follow-up.

I discovered something. Under the File Menu, there is an option to "Disable New Acrobat".

I clicked that to revert back to the previous version that does not suffer these design issues.

Screenshot attached.

Note. If you want to subsequently change back to the 'current version' the 'Revert' back is found in the 'View' menu. Each change requires the restart of the application.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2024 Apr 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your purpose is different. solution provided by @SKINNY2 is working perfect as per purpose. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think you understood the question from OP.

we are specifically looking for a way to show the long name of all open tabs.

The feature you speak of switches between the document title and the file name; does not control how much of the name is visible.

So, your feature serves a different purpose, and OP's issue was not resolved by adobe (:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 19, 2024 Jun 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is there still no solution to this? No way to change the width of the top menu-tab names so it shows the full name of the document? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 16, 2024 Mar 16, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update with latest Acrobat Reader 2023.008:

• Go to the three-bar menu in the top left corner of the window
  • Click on Preferences near the bottom... (or Ctrl-K apparently)
  • Choose Documents from Categories on the left (second item)
  • Now the checkbox for displaying filenames in tabs is the fifth option from the top

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Mine is the fourth option from the top and it doesn't work. I'm sick of wasting time trying to solve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 28, 2024 Jun 28, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is a really frustrating problem.  Even mouseover with full filename would help (like firefox), but it doesn't seem to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines