Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Sign in prompt when opening pdf file

Community Beginner ,
Oct 12, 2018 Oct 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI,

I am seeing for multiple users that have latest version of Adobe Acrobat Reader DC that every time when trying to open a pdf file the Adobe Acrobat Sign in prompt pops up, please let me know if there is any option to not get this sign in prompt or is this a mandatory feature to be able to use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

the environment is mix of Windows 7, Windows 10 and few Macs High Sierra and Mojave  The Adobe sign in prompt is only coming up for few folks, the others like myself can open pdf file without being prompted to sign in

TOPICS
General troubleshooting

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Oct 15, 2018 Oct 15, 2018

Hello Furqangraham,

Adobe Reader does not ask for a force sign-in to read PDF files. However we recently signed-out users with un-verified Adobe IDs.

For such users, we show a sign-in prompt when they launch the application, to let them know that they have been signed out and they can sign back again. This is not a force sign-in. The red-cross button on the top-left should make the sign-in dialog go away.

Ask the users to download the latest version of Adobe Reader 2019.008.20074 from help>check fo

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 04, 2022 Mar 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This 'issue' annoyed me so much, I uninstalled Adobe Reader (free version) and now just open .pdf with google chrome. (Mac Catalina)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 15, 2022 Apr 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No way to stop until Government steps in!! Adobe is forcing people to sign in to let you open your private created pdf file so they can monitor and track you. Of course they would say this is not true as the lying FB do in all their ads. Not only this, you cannot export to pdf from any of the office packages without sign in. This is capitalism rib off. They have the power to track you and make you pay eventually. Only a new government bill may stop it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi is it possible to Remove the sighin option for the Adobe Acrobat reader on mac computer, if yes could you please let me know

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 11, 2022 Oct 11, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is possible but only with Creative Cloud for Enterprise (I may be wrong).

See how to here:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 17, 2023 Jul 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe makes the simple action of reading a PDF a royal pain in the ass. I have replaced adobe at home with freeware that does the job better, faster with a program size a tenth of the size. Unfortuantely the office uses Adobe bloatware and I am forced to deal with your Adobe account and signin that I dont want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 20, 2023 Jul 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you.  THey keep insinuating themselves into everything trying to get you to buy a plan.  Like you, all I want is a reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 08, 2023 Nov 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not quite. When i close login window clicking the red cross the document (pdf) is closed along with the Adobe Acrobat Reader. Pain in the ass. Looking for some alternatives. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2024 Jul 04, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have upgraded my laptop and installed Acrobat Pro 2015 and it keeps giving me the sign in window, afetr I have signed in it does nothing and when I try and open a pdf doscument it displays the signin dialog box and does not open the pdf document. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I click on the red x is closes the file. This is content I purchased and I can't read it without signing in. It is making me regret ever getting an adobe account. This never happened before I had one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe is becoming a real PITA. Stop trying to sell us services we don't
want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Bridgett38919480hgt1,

Thank you for reaching out.

We have checked and see that you have an Acrobat Pro subscription. As mentioned above, you must sign in whenever you open the PDF. Could you please confirm whether you are referring to the fact that you have to sign in to view the PDF or whether you mean that the application signs out every time on its own? 

If the application signs out on its own every time, please try the suggestion provided on the following community help page: https://adobe.ly/46AJ36k. Check if that helps.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 10, 2024 Oct 10, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, i checked all coments, but still didnt find an answer about this issue. Why if i have pro and dont need pro functions cant use adobe just as a pdf reader? I am using 3 computers and always some of the i signed out. Edit function using rarely, because your reader is bad, realy bad. About this later. So if i signed out and dont need pro feetures, how i can use not signed in jus pdf reader?  
About bad reading: i save document in ADOBE PDF and it cant read it, it reads like pictures. But funny thing is that if i use Print to Microsoft pdf function it reads much more better. Question is why i have to pay for the program which is should be number one, but its realy crap?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 19, 2024 Sep 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi guys, I manage to stop the sign in pop up.. Here is my scenario:

I have installed the Acrobat reader (Free version) at first.. Later, I have installed the creative cloud and Acrobat (paid version). After that, it will keep asking to sign in once you open PDF file. As I dont need the paid one any more so I uninstall it in my Windows 11. Then reinstall the free version. Finally, the pop up no more happen and things back to calm... 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Oct 17, 2024 Oct 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The issue is NOT to log in or not!!!  The issue is that you can not avoid log in (othewise reader closes).   I dont want to spend $20 a month just to use reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines