Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

split screen possible?

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2015 Nov 10, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

In the new Adobe reader DC, is it not possible to split the screen vertically in order to look at two sections of the document at the same time?

Best,

Dagfinn

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2015 Nov 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In the preferences disable the tabs view of documents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried, but this does not seem to solve the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The menu Window > Tile > ... doesn't work?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No. Maybe we misunderstand each other. What I want to do is to split the same document into two sections. I just learned that Word 2013 had moved this feature to the View tab. Maybe Adobe has done so also, but nevertheless I'm not able to enable it...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Window > Split is available in Adobe Acrobat, not Acrobat Reader.

In Acrobat Reader use:

Window > New Window

Window > Tile > ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Sep 09, 2020 Sep 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue. 

When I split the screen there are two windows one above and one below. 

What I'd like to see is the same document side by side so I can check, for example, an index and make sure everything is on the right page. 

This is very difficult to do when the pages are stacked on top and bottom when the document is in portrait.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create a copy of the file, open both copies, select Window - Tile - Vertically.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 10, 2020 Sep 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use the menu Window > Tile > Vertically

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a useless work around when you have several PDFs open, as I usually do, and I just want to split-screen one of them to look at different parts of the document. Why would they remove that useful feature from previous versions where you could easily drag the top of the scroll bar and split the screen to view? Maybe Microsoft or someone else had a patent on it, but this is super annoying.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2021 Jun 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The feature was not removed. It is available in Adobe Acrobat DC.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where? The description above using "Window->Tile->Vertically" is not it and a poor work around as I tried to explain above.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 22, 2021 Sep 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Acrobat CC use the menu Window>Spreadsheet Split and drag the horizontal handle off the top or bottom of the page 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are using Acrobat Pro DC use the menu Window>Spreadsheet Split and drag the horizontal handle off the top or bottom of the page 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops, That force both side by sides to the same vertical position. I should have checked before posting. . . It looked good 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 08, 2022 Sep 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes you can. You will need an Adobe Acrobat to do this. 

Save the same document with different names and open both on your Adobe Acrobat program. Navigate to: 

View (Alt V)-----> Compare File (C)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think some of people in this discussion have not understood that when we say "you need Adobe Acrobat" we mean "You can't do this with the free Adobe Acrobat Reader (so you would have to pay for Adobe Acrobat)." 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 07, 2023 Sep 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I think there isn't an available option to do this, but i use to open the miniatures ribbon, expand it to a third of the screen and zoom in, It is pretty usefull for look at references. Isn't as good as properly tool for split screen, but works for me, hope it works for you too.

JverHumberto_0-1694109070633.png

Have a nice day,

Jáver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines