• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stop Reader from opening additional document?

Participant ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I open a PDF, the desired PDF opens, then a second or two later, another PDF opens in another tab. The unwanted PDF is, I think, the previous most recently opened PDF.

How do I stop Reader from opening additional, unwanted PDFs?

v. 21.001.20140

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi James,

Thank you for reaching out and reporting this issue.

As the additional PDF opens automatically after opening a PDF, would you mind sharing a small video of the issue occurring at our end? We did check and the issue is not reproducible at our end.

Please also check if this happens on opening any PDF or some particular PDFs.

Share the OS version on the machine.

Thanks,

Meenakshi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Feb 24, 2021 Feb 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It happened with six different PDFs I tested. I have further info on the behavior - Reader will open the intended document, then after about two seconds, it will open all at once all documents of the previous session. For example, if I have three PDFs open at once, then I close Reader and then open a different PDF, the intended PDF opens, then all at once the previous session's three PDFs open.

Windows 10 Pro x64

I don't mind sharing a video but I've never done video capture before. Is there some free software?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 18, 2021 Mar 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Bump. Trying again to see if someone has any suggestions - this issue is most inconvenient. Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines