• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The pop-up that should direct my browser to download the add-on from adobe.com doesn't work!

New Here ,
Aug 23, 2018 Aug 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am opening a pdf document and as soon as I open it, a note pops up saying:

A font package is required to correctly display this image. Click "OK" to direct your browser to download the add-on from adobe.com. After installation, you will need to close and re-open the document to correctly view contents dependent on these newly installed fonts.

Which is fine and has happened before , but this time after I hit OK, it just sits there and doesn't open up a browser to start downloading. I tried a few times with no success.

Any suggestion?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Hello Saras,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and download the Font pack from the URL Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows scroll down the page to the ADD-ONS> select the font pack > download.

Note: Make sure that you check the version of Adobe Reader first before installing the font pack, to identify the version, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check f

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 24, 2018 Aug 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Saras,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, please reboot the machine once and download the Font pack from the URL Adobe - Adobe Reader : For Windows scroll down the page to the ADD-ONS> select the font pack > download.

Note: Make sure that you check the version of Adobe Reader first before installing the font pack, to identify the version, refer to Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Check for any pending updates of Adobe Reader from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after updating Adobe Reader.

Let us know how it goes and share your observation.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 04, 2021 Nov 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The link does not open anything. 

I am trying to access the windows

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 05, 2021 Nov 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines