• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

There was an error while copying to the Clipboard. An internal error occurred.

New Here ,
Dec 20, 2011 Dec 20, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, this question has been on for a long time but everyone seems to ignore it, so I'll just give it another shot.
I get this error when trying to copy something.

Most of the time, if i ignore the error I can still find it in the clipboard.

Sometimes I'm lucky and it doesn't happen (using the same document), so this clears that it has no copyright protection.

Yesterday I worked all day on a document with no problems, but today I'm losing a lot of time dealing with the problem and trying to fix it. (hope this clears that I have all software up to date and no plugins missing)

The thing is that I often work on asian character texts and ignoring the error does no good because all I have left in the clipboard is junk data (an example of copied text: ‘¾—zŒõ”­“dƒVƒXƒeƒ€‚ÌLCA)

If I try to copy again, sometimes it works (I have to try from 3 up to more than 15 times though), but I will get the error when I try copying the next word.
I really doubt there's an instant solution for this, so all I'm asking is for you to stop ignoring this issue and try to release an update with a fix for this before people start switching to other programs.
Pretty please??
Thank you

P.S.

As you can see, no answer

since 2008

http://forums.adobe.com/message/1171929#1171929

up to 2011
http://forums.adobe.com/message/4064251#4064251

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

I was having this problem on Acrobat X and I tried everything in this thread and nothing worked and now I finally tried this:

Help Menu -> "Repair Adobe Reader Installation"

And BOOM it's all fixed!!!!!  No more stupid copy error!!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate
Dec 20, 2012 Dec 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hope this helpful. (IDM's user). Launch Internet Download Manager > Options > General > Uncheck "Use advanced browser integration".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem seems to be related to Microsoft products.

When I get the error message I've found that closing Windows Explorer, Excel and Word makes the problem go away.

To anyone else seeing this message - could you try closing, one by one, Microsoft programs and let us know if the problem goes away for you?

Thanks,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
May 29, 2014 May 29, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have IE 8 and Outlook 2010 open when I experience this issue. I closed IE8 and the problem continued, closed Outlook 2010 and the problem went away. I worked for a good hour without the message. As soon as I opened Outlook again, I got the message on the next copy/paste from Adobe.

Thanks tcolgan001!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2014 Jul 27, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

tcolgan001: "This problem seems to be related to Microsoft products."

I know this is an old post.

I do not agree. The problem is not related to any MS product (office or redistributable package). It is the way adobe reader handles errors.

It most likely receives some kind of code from the clipboard and interprets this code as an error, which is not and displays annoying dialog that you have to dismiss each time. Paste works fine with or without dismissing the dialog.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 25, 2014 Aug 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem.  Using Firefox 24.5 and Adobe 11.0.8.4.  Wish someone would fix it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In my case, the problem goes away when I exit Outlook.

I am using Acrobat XI, Microsoft Office 2010 and Windows 7.
I don't have Skype in this computer at this time. I use Chrome, not IE although I did install IE11 last week.

It would be great to know what's in Outlook that is interfering... I disabled a couple of Add-Ins to try that out (didn't work) and I may continue working in that direction when I have time but right now I have to work...! Ugh.

Thank yoU!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 04, 2014 Nov 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update to my last post, from two hours ago.

I have checked each and every entry in my startup that had to do with Microsoft and Adobe, and googled them to see what I needed to leave alone and what I could actually remove without problems.  When I installed all the new programs (after my computer crashed last week) both Adobe and Microsoft loaded a ton of stuff into Startup.  So that was tedious but after rebooting... so far so good.  I have been working for an hour and a half without any additional issues>
I am keeping my fingers crossed.  In my case, it seemed to me that the problem was centered around Outlook.  I don't know anything else.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 04, 2014 Feb 04, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could this be the problem (from http://www.rttsoftware.com/forum/index.php?topic=382.0)?

"Acrobat write to the clipboard more than one data format, when text is copied. Plain ANSI text, plain Unicode text, rich text, etc..

What seems to be happening is that for each data format written, Acrobat, wrongly, opens and close the access to the Clipboard. When a Clipboard monitor is installed (used to detect Clipboard changes), as it happens when PDFE is in QuickInfoEdit mode, the monitor is fired immediately after the first Clipboard close. If the application associated with the monitor opens the Clipboard to access the data, Acrobat will fail to write the other formats, because the Clipboard access is already taken. When this happen, Acrobat shows that error message. This is race condition, so it wont occur all the time.  Can be something else, but this seems to be a valid hypothesis, because every time this error shows, the Clipboard don't present all the formats Acrobat usually provide."

To the people at Adobe - could we get some feedback as to whether this problem is being addressed?  This has been ongoing for years.  Your users are trying to help you resolve YOUR bug.  Please give us some respect.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 19, 2014 Jun 19, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That seem right ... I have an application "App Enabler by Hyland" that trigger action on clipboard's changes and very often I got this message. If I stop App Enabler, no errors occurs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable might be responsible for this error. I'm using dictionary which requires MVC++ installed and I got error message only when the dictionary is running in the background. I hope this hint will help to resolve this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm wondering if this problem is common for some people, but strangely absent for others, because it's some conflict between Acrobat and any 3rd party program that intercepts the clipboard. For example I have the PureText+ app that catches copied text, and allows you to paste it without formatting using [Windows Key]+V.

I also have VNC, a remote desktop app, that will allow copy and paste of text and files from one computer to another.

Many programs out there intercept the clipboard to do their own special handling of copied text, images, etc.

However, in my experience, the text is always copied anyway and pastes fine.

If they simply remove the useless error dialogue, I would consider the problem 100% fixed.

Now if they could just fix the photoshop clipboard error where doing ctrl+N sometimes results in your new document being correctly sized to a copied image, and sometimes results in the size of the *previous* copied image. That one's been around a decade.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2015 Jan 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct - the text is copied anyway. The problem is the error message that requires an extra click to get rid of, which slows me down when I'm working on a project. It's not a terrible problem - more of an unnecessary annoyance.

It amazed me that Adobe would allow this problem to exist for all these years.

I tried trial versions of Foxit and Nuance as I was looking for a cheaper option, but I seem to prefer Acrobat. However, neither of these 2 programs threw the stupid copy error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2015 Jan 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been having this issue forever with every Acrobat version.  I am on XI and today it is truly getting on my last nerve.  Every single time I make a bookmark (by highlighting the text on the page) I am getting this message. Every. Single. Time!!!

please, fix it fix it fix it

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 21, 2015 Jan 21, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We seem to have managed to get around the problem by switching off the Office Clipboard (or closing all Office programs):

https://office.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/turn-off-the-office-clipboard-HP001018257.aspx

Maybe it's something interfering with the clipboard that causes the issue, although there must be more involved, as only one of our users has had the problem and they all have the Office Clipboard working and use Adobe Reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 14, 2015 Feb 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can't believe a program as mature and expensive as Acrobat Pro can't copy and paste. Unbelievable.

Where are you Adobe? This issue has persisted for years!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2015 Feb 26, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same here!  Have had this issue for longer than a year through different versions of Adobe Reader on my laptop with Windows 7 and a clean install of Windows 8, then 8.1, also on Terminal Services servers (Server 2008 R2, Server 2012), you are useless Adobe!!!!  COPY AND PASTE, how hard can it be?!!!???

Here's a solution though, uninstall Adobe Reader and install Fox IT reader - http://www.foxitsoftware.com/Secure_PDF_Reader/

Wonder if Adobe will delete my post...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 01, 2015 Jun 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Used this solution and it worked for me

http://superuser.com/questions/738251/how-can-i-hide-the-error-message-there-was-an-error-while-copy...

Edit --> Preferences --> Security (Enhanced) --> Uncheck "Enable protected mode at startup" (or "Enable enhanced security).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2015 Jun 04, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate it when they say "We couldn't replicate it" or "what is the version of your windows,..."

I have been using acrobat for so many years and it has always suffered from this issue. It does not happen on all files. It depends on the file and probably if the text is distributed in a weird way (like there are hidden alignment and formatting characters in the text).

Anyways, by now, adobe should have figured a way to solve it or at least look at their code. That window pops up from somewhere. Just add an option to disable it.

It's like they have a window written in the code and they are ignoring its existence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Aug 23, 2015 Aug 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just assume every year that they fix bugs like this but it just persists. Don't they test anything? If it's any help I'm running Craprobrat Pro 10.1.15 on Lenovo C30 workstation w/ Windows 7 Professional SP1 (64-bit) on a dual Xeon  E506630 0 2.30gHz CPU's with 64gb RAM and Quadro 4000 graphics blah blah

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 13, 2016 Apr 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

None of the above solutions have worked for me. To be specific, here's what I've tried:

• Uncheck "Enable Enhanced Security"
  • Apply full permissions and ownership to ...\Roaming\Adobe
  • Manual creation of registry key based on this page: Protected Mode — Acrobat Application Security Guide
  • Uninstall/reinstall
  • No Skype add-ins, so not a solution
  • Problem exists with/without using Microsoft apps
  • PDF Copy-paster.exe from a deep forum search - has no effect other than removing hard returns, but error window still shows up.

Win7 x64

Acrobat Pro 10.1.16

Any more suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 17, 2017 Dec 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Wow still no answer. $450 for pro and you cant even fix an error spash screen. Copy and Paste are basic function of any program. This has been going on all the way back to 2008

And you wonder why people hack your crap a$$ software

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 23, 2018 Jan 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having this problem on Acrobat X and I tried everything in this thread and nothing worked and now I finally tried this:

Help Menu -> "Repair Adobe Reader Installation"

And BOOM it's all fixed!!!!!  No more stupid copy error!!!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same problem on Acrobat Pro X (Windows 10 x64). I followed shadow49105082's suggestion "Help > Repair Actobat Installation". This fixed the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that worked!  That was bugging me, too.  My repair option said "Repair Acrobat installation", so that works also.  I have Acrobat X Professional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 26, 2020 Oct 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

close the program and reopen it again the problem will disappear 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines