• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Translation Plugin

Community Beginner ,
Oct 19, 2013 Oct 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, im searching for a Translation Plugin for Adobe Reader, which translate the words by mouseover.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

You won't be able to translate the text in the file itself, as Reader is technically not capable of doing that. And I don't see anyone bothering to do it in a window, as you can just copy the text and paste it in Google Translate or something like that. In other words, I still very much doubt it's going to happen.

As I wrote before, it's possible to implement it for single words or phrases, but it's not going to work for the entire text or a while paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2013 Oct 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've never heard of such a plugin, and I doubt it will be feasible to implement one.

I can think of a possible way of doing it with a script, but it would still require supplying it with a complete dictionary for the translations.

Edit: I was thinking about this question, and actually it is possible to achieve something similar to this using a script (in Acrobat).

In fact, in the past I've developed a script that does just that, pretty much. You just need to feed it with the bi-lingual dictionary...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

About this issue, It would be amazing a Adobe Reader Plugin, that could instantly translate selected texts, like happen with some internet browser plugins. What do you think about this, nowadays?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 29, 2013 Nov 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You won't be able to translate the text in the file itself, as Reader is technically not capable of doing that. And I don't see anyone bothering to do it in a window, as you can just copy the text and paste it in Google Translate or something like that. In other words, I still very much doubt it's going to happen.

As I wrote before, it's possible to implement it for single words or phrases, but it's not going to work for the entire text or a while paragraph.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2016 Nov 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is a tool doing what you ask. Its name is QTranslate. Greetings!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2017 Apr 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It doesn't translate in Acrobat PDF

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 13, 2017 May 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also struggeld a lot with not having an instant translation in Adobe Reader and in Windows generally - I really think adobe should Implement an instant translation into adobe reader or Micrsoft into Windows.

Compared to MacOS which has a build-in instant dictionary which works really well, Windows users viewing their pdfs with adobe reader are not able to use instant translation.

The best workaround I have found for this issue, is the Translation-Tool Qtranslate, it's not perfect but the best workaround for the moment and it works more or less globally, meaning it can translate out of every program similar to the MacOS build-in dictionary.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 20, 2018 Mar 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ogadb , your response was so helpful and articulate , it worked just as needed .         

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 23, 2018 Jul 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you man it is the thing i was looking

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 18, 2018 Nov 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

works for me Acrobat DC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 03, 2019 Nov 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much! This is a life changer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2020 Jul 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanku so much it really workd!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 25, 2021 Jan 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you ogadb! You're the best!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! Thats exactly the tool i was looking for 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 10, 2017 Jul 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Reader wouldn't be the proper tool to translate a file anyway since, to put it simply, it lacks all the editing features that you normally need to translate a document from one language to another.

You would want to work on the original file instead (Word file or InDesign file for instance) so you can also change the font if needed, handle hyphenation correctly, etc.

Also, translators, even if they're not professionals, may want to access tools that would speed up their work, such as translation memories.

So, the best way to translate a PDF is translating the source file using a translation tool.

If you're working with InDesign files, you might want to check out Redokun (disclaimer: I'm a co-founder), otherwise, there are plenty of translation tools that work with pretty much every file format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can not translate within the Adobe Reader but you can open the PDF file in the browser and add some translate extension in it and you can instantly translate within the browser to any language. Thanks 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 06, 2021 Feb 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can. Just download QTranslate as ogadb has recommended above 🙂 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Best answer  ! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines