• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to add initials to Acrobat Reader, but just getting grey screen instead

New Here ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Trying to add my initials, not a signature. I don't have one saved so I need to add a set of initials, but whenever I do I just get a darkened screen that makes an error noise when I click. I can use ESC to close the screen but then nothing happens.

Attaching a D&D Character sheet to show what I mean, Normal is before I click the button to add initials,

Initials is the button I'm talking about, and Dark is what happens when I click it.

TOPICS
General troubleshooting , How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 25, 2021 May 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry for the trouble. As described the application freezes when you click to add initials to the PDF file.

- Is this a behavior with a particular PDF file or with all the PDFs? Please try with a different PDF file and check.

- Is the file stored on a shared network/drive? Please try to download and save it to your computer first and then try to fill and sign and check.

- Would you mind sharing the version of the Adobe Acrobat Reader DC you are using? To check the version go to Help > About Acrobat and make sure you have the latest version installed. Go to Help > Check for Updates and reboot the computer once.

If it still doesn't work please try to reset the Acrobat preferences to default as described in the help page - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/how-to-reset-acrobat-preference-settings-to-default/td-p/4792... and check.

Regards

Amal

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines