• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Edit Text Box.

New Here ,
Jul 15, 2016 Jul 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Acrobat DC recently auto updated to the most recent version, and it seems that the newest version does not allow you to edit text boxes.

The screenshot below shows what I mean.  I have added a text box, and highlighted the font to edit the size / font style / color, but it is all just grayed out in the properties toolbar (control+E)

ADOBE CANNOT EDIT TEXT BOX.JPG

Has anyone else run into this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes the Properties Toolbar issue and you can now continue to use it outside the Commenting app as well. Please open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-august-02-2016.html

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello jeffb87053401​,

From the Screenshot it seems like you are trying to change the properties of the text on the document without going to the Edit PDF option. You have used "Ctrl+E" to get the pop up that allows you to change text properties i.e. Font, font size, etc.

That pop up will only work for comments.

I will suggest you to go to Tools>>Edit PDF and then try to edit the document.

Let us know if that works.

Thanks and Regards,

Utkarsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Utkarsh,

Thanks for the reply.

Just to clarify, I am not trying to edit text that is already on the document.  I am adding text to the document via the Text Box tool, and trying to edit the Text Box font size / style / orientation.

As far as I know, there are 2 different ways to add text to a PDF document.  The way you describe, you can add text using the Edit PDF option, using the Add Text Command, and edit that text using the Edit PDF tab along the right side of the document.

The other way, and the way we have used for years, is to add a Text Box.  In order to edit the text using the Text Box command, you have to use the properties toolbar, and not the Edit PDF tab.  In fact, if you try to edit a Text Box from the Edit PDF tab, you get an error that states it cannot be edited using the Edit PDF tab.

While we are using the Edit PDF way of adding text right now as a work around, it is not optimal for us.  We find that it is much more efficient to use the Text Box

Any other input is appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I understand that, however, if you go to Tools>>Comments you will see a new option there that will allow you to change the font details.

Capture.PNG

I understand that the hover properties option was user friendly, however, with the update that is moved under Comments and will require you to keep Comments tool open if you work with it. I tried to add it to Quick Tools. However it doesn't work there.

Thanks and Regards,

Utkarsh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Utkarsh.

You are correct that this is the way you need to edit a text box with the newest update.  I don't really understand why they would remove the properties toolbar editing functionality, making it less user friendly to edit them, or why they didn't document the change in the update notes, but I guess that is neither here nor there.

Thanks Again.Jeff

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jul 19, 2016 Jul 19, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are welcome jeffb87053401​.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jul 25, 2016 Jul 25, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Control E does not work anymore with new update.  Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 02, 2016 Aug 02, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

We have released an update today that fixes the Properties Toolbar issue and you can now continue to use it outside the Commenting app as well. Please open Acrobat or Reader DC and visit Help > Check for updates to make sure you are on the latest patch.

Details about the release: https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/release-note/acrobat-dc-august-02-2016.html

Please let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

-ashu

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2022 Jan 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am not trying to edit text, only trying to edit pictures. Edit section of box is missing but color on down is usable.  Computer screen shows internal error,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines