• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to find snapshot tool in Acrobat Reader 2023

New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat Reader 2023 changed menu layouts and snapshot tool cannot be found. Find tool in top right says "Find text or tools" but it cannot find snapshot tool. Any ideas how to take snapshot in Acrobat Reader 2023?

TOPICS
How to , Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Snapshot has been moved to unified File menu -> Undo, Redo & More -> Take a snapshot.

Zendu_0-1683484119048.png

Such a radical change in UI should have been accompanied by documentation update. But the documentation still refers to old ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
May 07, 2023 May 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Snapshot has been moved to unified File menu -> Undo, Redo & More -> Take a snapshot.

Zendu_0-1683484119048.png

Such a radical change in UI should have been accompanied by documentation update. But the documentation still refers to old ways.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can the snapshot tool be docked so that it is easily accessable?

Please help,

mike

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 29, 2023 May 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Agreed ... I need this tool docked

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What the %&%$ ... I was searching for that since march .... I even installed old version every time I need to use it ... That's every day ... I even registerd here to give you a thumbs up man ... I love you!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 07, 2023 Jul 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alternatively, you can disable the new UI, via the same menu. Click on "Disable new Acrobat Reader".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 11, 2023 Jul 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, I was looking for a way to disable the new layout.
I thinks it’s very counterproductive to switch things around (thumbnails on the right and tools on the left) just for the sake of trying to make it look new.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 24, 2023 Jul 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can't agree with you more! Change for the sake of change, an office full of people trying to justify their existence so they don't get laid off next... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did anyone find how to add the snapshop button to the toolbar to make it easily available like before (icon below)?
Screenshot 2023-09-20 at 12.50.52.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 13, 2023 Aug 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the information. Finally found the thing. But still cannot have it pinned to the toolbar or whatever it is called.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is SUPER helpful. Why would they hide such a useful tool? I use it all the time. Soper frustrating trying to find it. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THANK YOU SO MUCH!  You must made my life a lot easier.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 18, 2024 Jan 18, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you! We use this feature almost daily at our firm. Wish Adobe would make ALL commands capable to dock on the custom tool bar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2024 Mar 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Take a Snapshot" tool should have never been moved to the Menu, in an obsecure titled section" Undo, Redo & More".   The folks at Adobe have lost their minds.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 07, 2023 Aug 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you sacks of crap at Adobe

You make it impossible and frig us around to try to get us to start free trials by hiding averything useful.....

Just wated time here when my non edit version could extract text and take a snapshot which is all i need...

a search within the pdf inside Adobe  is USELESS doent even reckognize word snapshot

peice of poo...had to sign in even to comment 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2023 Nov 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's a new feature under Menu>View>Disable New Acrobat that I find particularly useful.  Restart Acrobat then right click on your toolbar (Just to the left of the Page Up and Page Down arrows) and under Show Edit Tools check "Take a Snapshot".  This will put it back where it belongs.  I was going to show screenshots, but once New Acrobat is disabled, it seems the option to enable it is gone on mine.  Perhaps this was due to the Acrobat team's insight that no one would ever want to go back to that crap....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 15, 2023 Dec 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually you can enable it back from View -> Enable new Acrobat Reader. I am not sure why you want to use that crappy UI though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2024 Jan 06, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are WONDERFUL!  Thank you so much.  I will disable the new version ASAP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why would they choose to hide one of its most widely used features in an Undo, Redo & More submenu?... This is crazy...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Main triple bar dropdown .... Disable New Adobe 
Gets us back to the Toolbar (with the TAKE SNAPSHOT feature). 
That's my workaround... for now. 
Not sure how to revert to begin using the New version again, but not in a hurry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From Adobe Acrobat Pro (64-bit) old version
To return to using the New version:  View dropdown | Enable New Version
May be awhile until I do so.  Just an FYI for others.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2023 Aug 24, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 20, 2023 Sep 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

see above.  It's under the main menu, top left, then see Undo, Redo and More.  It is hidden in there

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2024 Feb 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been doing the exact same thing - doing a search to bring up the "take a snapshot" tool.  So extremely inconvenient!  It also needs to have an option to pin to the toolbar.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 28, 2023 Sep 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks so much for that! But where is the support? You press Help, you get instructions for an old interface. This is basic stuff - we were getting it right in 90s when I used to write help! How can Adobe be so useless?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines