• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open Dynamic XML form in Adobe Reader (getter 'Please wait' error message)

New Here ,
Jun 13, 2024 Jun 13, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of a sudden we are running into issues with opening Adobe Dynamic XLM forms in Adobe Reader.

1) The form is created in Adobe Experience Manger (AEM), saved as a Adobe Dynamic XML Form (.pdf).
2) The form is then opened with Adobe Pro, where I then do the following:
     Save as other > Reader Extended PDF > Enable More Tools.
3) The saved version is then opened in Adobe Reader, where the form should open and allow end user to fill in the form and save it. However, we are getting the 'Please wait ...' error displays (screenshot below).

This has never happened before.
Why is this happening now for many of my forms and how can it work once again?

img_error_please_wait.jpg

TOPICS
PDF forms

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You should not do step #2. In fact, I don't think it's possible to do that with LCD/AEM forms at all...

Are you sure you're not opening the file in a browser, or some other application, and then saving it?

You should open the file you created directly in Reader only.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Step 2 is what I've been doing for about 12 years (and not issues until recently), as it allows the form to be filled out and  saved by end users with Adobe Reader. It is the only way that i know of, to convert it (i.e., make it fillable / savable).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines