• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Open EPS File With Adobe Acrobat Reader DC?

New Here ,
Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Just received two EPS files from a designer.

I am unable to open those files with the ADOBE  ACROBAT READER DC (despite reading that it can be done and downloading the program to my computer).

I just found out that the program GRAVIT can open my EPS files but they have since been converted to ADOBE files so GRAVIT cant open them.

How do I get those files to NOT HAVE THE ACROBAT READER trying to open them.?

Should I uninstall ADOBE ACROBAT READER or is there  simpler solution?

Will be so grateful for any help.

Thank you in advance.

Deborah S

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 26, 2018 Jan 26, 2018

Reader cannot open EPS files and dies not convert anything. Probably you are just double clicking to open them. Donā€™t.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reader cannot open EPS files and dies not convert anything. Probably you are just double clicking to open them. Donā€™t.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

deborahs77920185  wrote

I just found out that the program GRAVIT can open my EPS files but they have since been converted to ADOBE files so GRAVIT cant open them.

Sounds like you need to change your computers file associations so that it recognizes that your .eps files should open in Gravit.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2022 Nov 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same issue as Deborah. I've been downloading .eps files for the last year without an issue. Today Adobe Reader opens every time I try to download (saying it can't read the file).  Adobe Reader never opened before when I have downloaded .eps files. Do you have any advice?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 16, 2022 Nov 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to change your computer back to use whatever you were using before. It's not Acrobat Reader's fault if your computer asks it to do something it never could do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines