Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to open temp files

New Here ,
Oct 07, 2019 Oct 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It seems I have found my way to the autosave folder in 

(C:\Users\LENOVO\AppData\Roaming\Adobe\Acrobat\DC\AutoSave) and got 121 temp files there but the problem I am facing is I can't open those files. every time I try to open a .temp file it prompts with an error saying, "It can't be open either it's not a supported file type or it is damaged). I tried renaming it, changing the extension and even changing location though I know it won't help :P. 
Does anyone know how to open it? It would save my hours and it was my college assignment -_- why you crash adobe why -_- 

TOPICS
Crash or freeze , General troubleshooting , How to , PDF and browsers , Windows

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 14, 2022 Jul 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there

Hope you are doing well and sorry to hear that.

The Autosave feature guards against losing your work in case of a power failure by incrementally, and at regular intervals, saving file changes to a specified location. The original file is not modified. Instead, Acrobat creates an autosave file of changes, which includes all the changes you made to the open file since the last automatic save. The amount of new information that the autosave file contains depends on how frequently Acrobat saves the autosave file. If you set the autosave interval to 15 minutes, you could lose the last 14 minutes of your work if a problem occurs. Frequent automatic saving prevents loss of data, and is especially useful if you make extensive changes to a document, such as by adding comments.

You can apply autosave changes to the original files when you restart Acrobat. When you close, save manually, or revert to the last-saved version of a file, the autosave file is deleted.

To recover lost changes:

• Start Acrobat or open the file you were working on last.
  • When prompted, click Yes to open the autosave file or files. If multiple files were open, Acrobat opens all of the files for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines