• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save or Share Document (Error 109)

New Here ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I use Mac OS and have the current update for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC, Continuous Release, Version 2019.010.200999

I have a document completely filled out, but whenever I try to save or share the document I get the "unable to read document (109) message. Really hoping this can be rectified before I lose my progress as I spent multiple hours filling out the information on the document.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Hello James,

We're sorry for the trouble, If you have downloaded the file, try downloading it again. If you created the file yourself, try creating it again from the original source. That may be all you need to do to solve this problem.

Have you tried with any other PDF form? If not, please check once. If it is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can check it at our end?

Share the file in private message only How Do I Send  Private Message | Adobe Community

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2019 Apr 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello James,

We're sorry for the trouble, If you have downloaded the file, try downloading it again. If you created the file yourself, try creating it again from the original source. That may be all you need to do to solve this problem.

Have you tried with any other PDF form? If not, please check once. If it is specific to one PDF file, is it possible to share the PDF file with us so that we can check it at our end?

Share the file in private message only How Do I Send  Private Message | Adobe Community

For testing purpose, navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Acrobat>Preferences>Security(Enhanced)>and uncheck the 'Enable Protected Mode at startup' and 'Enhanced Security'>Click OK> try saving. If you are able to save the file, reboot the machine once and check.

Note: Disabling the Protected Mode and Enhanced Security is only for testing purpose, please enable it back.

let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

I scanned a document (my passport) into PDF in a USB and when I tried to save on my computer ( Surface Pro 7) received the message : The document could not be saved. There was a problem reading this document (109). 

In the same USB, I saved other scanned documents that  did not have any problem to save on my computer.  My system tells me I don't have any update to do...

Can you please help me?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines