Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to Save PDF Docs

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2017 Mar 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HI

I have a user unable to save PDF files to our server, User is running Windows 7 64bit, DC, is able to save word etc to the same file path, did question the length of the location and file name as Microsoft has a limit.

This has not been affected as can save other file types in the same folder.

Any ideas??

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Hello Gooddadjames,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, assuming that while saving the PDF file using Adobe Reader after making changes, you are getting a blank Save As window, Am I correct?

If yes, please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit menu of Adobe Reader Edit>Preferences>General and deselect the two options>'Show online Storage when opening files' and 'Show online Storage when saving files'>Click OK>Close Adobe Reader>launch it back and try saving the file a

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 17, 2017 Apr 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi garethr84865102,

Sorry for the delay in response.

Is this a network shared drive? Or WebDAV server and does it require login authentication?

Are you getting any error message? Also, if you export pdf to different file format are you able to save the file to the server location.

Will be waiting for your response.

-Tariq Dar.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know this is a pretty old post, but it mirrors my own small problem. I note the original poster garethr84865102 didn't answer and I suspect the question back to him was too technical. I have a one-person pc at my home biz, using Adobe Acrobat Reader, updated, not supported by adobe by phone. I still have Win 7 and  I completed an important 6 page document, tried to simply "save as" so I could send it to a 3rd party, but all I see is a blank screen where I should see the doc to be saved. I see no way to ascreain what type of doc it is, but it is a gov't form, one I am able to fill out/complete on my pc and allows for my electronic signature. I am stuck, really want to save it. Clue: I had been using soda pdf, a purchesed version which is so frustrating and frequently inoperable that I switched back to Reader, downloaded it, updated it, and I am prompted to restart my pc. I'm concerned about doing that since it may lose the doc I worked so hard on. Sure would be grateful to a good samaritan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Gooddadjames,

We're sorry for the trouble you had with Adobe Reader, assuming that while saving the PDF file using Adobe Reader after making changes, you are getting a blank Save As window, Am I correct?

If yes, please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit menu of Adobe Reader Edit>Preferences>General and deselect the two options>'Show online Storage when opening files' and 'Show online Storage when saving files'>Click OK>Close Adobe Reader>launch it back and try saving the file again.

If you have a different query, please share a screenshot of the error/screen you get while trying to save the PDF. https://forums.adobe.com/docs/DOC-7043#jive_content_id_How_do_I_attach_a_screenshot

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Thanks,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2021 Sep 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm having the same problem with saving files. I just get a blank save as screen. My issue with your resolution is that I will lose the document I am trying to save if I close Adobe. Is there no solution for saving the file I am working on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines