Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to sign a PDF

Jan 16, 2019 Jan 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am unable (also after a reinstall) to sign some PDF's. When I want to add text I get the message (in Dutch, I translated it): The command failed because Adobe Acrobat found an unknown error.

Anyone tips?

Schermafdruk 2019-01-16 20.46.48.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 17, 2019 Jan 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi ariannev,

As per the issue description mentioned above, you are getting above mentioned error when trying to sign a pdf, is that correct?

Check for any pending updates of Reader you are using to use the Fill&Sign feature from help>check for updates, reboot the machine after installing the updates and see if this brings any difference. 

Try signing the PDF using the URL https://cloud.acrobat.com/fillsign  on a browser like Chrome or Firefox, or Safari and see if you still get the error message.

Also, launch Reader>click Edit>Preferences>under Security (Enhanced).

Uncheck the box next to Enable Protected Mode at startup > click OK > relaunch Reader and try again.

Note: Disabling protected view/ Enhanced security is for troubleshooting purpose only, and not recommended.Turn the feature back on after troubleshooting is complete.

Have you tried with other PDF or is it specific to one PDF file?

Also, let us know dot version of reader installed on the machine? You may refer to the steps given in this link on how to check the version in reader: Identify the product and its version for Acrobat and Reader DC

Let us know if you need any help.

Shivam

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines