• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Undo Button?

New Here ,
Jul 30, 2017 Jul 30, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I am using Adobe Acrobat Reader DC and there is no Undo button anywhere.  I went looking for it after I accidentally deleted all of the text I had spent a good amount of time typing previously!  I then typed into the original box my text was in "Text deleted "

I came to this forum and tried the Ctrl + Z function and it only seemed to work on the most recent edit.  So, it "Undid" the typed "Text deleted".  I selected Ctrl + Z again, and nothing showed up.  I tried it several times.

Any help please?

[Adding your question to some random discussion really doesn't work]

[Moved from Premiere Pro video editing to the Reader forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

If you go to the line / ribbon / whatever they call it -- where the print icon is and right click, you will get a drop down menu with several options. Go to "SHOW EDIT TOOLS" which includes "undo" and "redo".  Spent forever trying to figure this out! and I've used Adobe for YEARS.  Shouldn't be this freaking hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ctrl+Z is a feature of MS Windows.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2022 Jul 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

didn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 31, 2017 Jul 31, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Undo is on the Edit menu. That's the standard place. Buttons are optional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the Edit menu? I see Edit on the Toolbar, but it is not there. I see "Edit PDF," but undo is not an option.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree - you click on "Edit" but there is no "undo".  Adobe could make this much, much easier with say an undo reverse arrow or such.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 17, 2024 Jun 17, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not there...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 06, 2017 Dec 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Edit menu is where menus normally are. On the Mac, top line above everything else. On Windows, below the window title bar. Menus have become unfashionable, but the core functions are still there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 17, 2020 Jul 17, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PLEASE Adobe would you just make an "undo" button so it is front and center?  I click on Edit...but there is no "undo" anywhere I can find. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 19, 2020 Jul 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's the first item under the Edit menu. Do you not see it there? If not, what application are you using, including the exact version number, and on what OS?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you go to the line / ribbon / whatever they call it -- where the print icon is and right click, you will get a drop down menu with several options. Go to "SHOW EDIT TOOLS" which includes "undo" and "redo".  Spent forever trying to figure this out! and I've used Adobe for YEARS.  Shouldn't be this freaking hard.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!!

I really don't know why the arrows aren't visible by default. I also don't know why everyone else in this thread insists on using the menu option (with the buttons it's a one click action and the buttons are impossible to miss. Navigating to the menu on the other hand is two clicks and a drop down - and it's also somewhat easy to mis-click if you got a touch screen). So just to be sure people searching for buttons know buttons do exist here's also a screen snippet as proof ^^

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I don't know about Adobe's design aims.they are often a puzzle, but don't seem aimed at helping efficient use. I confess I never use undo buttons (I wouldn't even go looking for one), and almost never use the Undo menu. I automatically do Ctrl+Z (Windows) or Command+Z (Mac). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 24, 2021 Aug 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A million times thank you !

(my Acrobat is in French, but not hard to figure out 😉)

tempbond_0-1629829767802.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 15, 2023 Jun 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to add the undo and redo button to the tool bar, but they're as useless as the ones in the Edit menu as it only works on the very last thing you did. Even whenb adding a comment and then changing your mind, pressing undo only closes the text format window, it DOESN'T DELETE THE TEXT YOU JUST ENTERED bring you back to where you were before adding the comment. USELESS !

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 15, 2023 Aug 15, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As I can't edit my previous comment (ironic, don't you think...), here's what i meant to say. The undo/redo buttons do work, but only for the last thing you did and it doesn't work on a text comment added on the document (on top of what's there) once you clicked out of that text. For example, it works if I add a shape around something to highlight it, I can "remove" it, but if if I add the comment "important" next to the same item and I click out of the text line, can't undo ! The only way is to select that comment and delete it.

For someone like me who reviews documents often, it's a real time waster. Why can't you have an undo/redo function like in a Word document, where you can go back and forward as much as you want ? Acrobat is not cheap, this is not ok.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look at the Edit menu:

Bild1.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 16, 2020 Aug 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Amazing!!!  All these "experts" including so-called Most Valuable Participants and Community Professionals respond to a question about the Undo Button with answers about the Menu.  Completely different things.  The only useful answer (i.e., talking about Buttons) is by someone who is 'New Here' (mkmarl01).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think the point here is that people seem to be looking for an undo button but don't know that there is an undo menu. Which, despite what you say, does exactly the same thing. What's the big deal about clicking on a menu? Is it really so uncool these days?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where is the undo menu? Why does Adobe hide it, or make it difficult to
find?

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can find Undo in the Edit menu.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This was already shown in a screen shot. Here it is again

Untitled.png

If your screen doesn't have the Acrobat icon in the window bar, and the File, Edit, View, Window, Help menus, then you presumably aren't using Acrobat Reader DC, and the answers weren't applicable to you. If you believe you ARE using this, trade a screen shot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 05, 2023 Jul 05, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THERE IS NO FILE BUTTON WITH THE NEWEST VERSION. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I still have a File button and this is the version that's installed on my computer :

tempbond_0-1688567320397.png

Is your version more recent than this one ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click the Options button in the top-left corner and select Disable New Acrobat, and you'll get the old UI back...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines