Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC via cmd

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2022 Sep 12, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking for the correct method to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC via the command prompt. 

I have figured out how to install it via cmd, running the executable like so. "AcrobatReader.exe /sAll /rs"

I'm trying to learn the uninstall command so I can install and uninstall automatically in an business setting.

I am using the executable that I am allowed to use for volume installations. It says not to post the link anywhere publicly, so I expect that adobe support hopefully knows what I am talking about. 

I ran the executable with the /? option to see what options were available- There was nothing for uninstalling the application. I did see you can pass commands to msiexec via the /msi option. I'm having trouble making it work correctly though. 

If I can give any more information that would be great, I think the issue is i'm just entering the uninstall command incorrectly.

In short, my question is: What is the command to uninstall Adobe Acrobat Reader DC via the command prompt?

Thanks!

Tate

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this helps, but here is the attempted uninstall. I'm passing it through the /msi option and believe this to be in the correct format- Please correct me if I am wrong. 

This is the error I receive when entering this command. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I should mention that the command that prompted that error is the last command entered in the image. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can uninstall the application using the following command and registry key for Adobe Acrobat Reader DC. 

msiexec /x {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100}

I'm uploading the command into a SaaS solution that is supposed to run the "uninstall command" which is whatever I enter in. When I run this it doesn't seem to work- Definately an issue with the SaaS solution. I guess nothing more is needed here unless someone knows how to pass it through the /msi option. I'll leave it open for a few days and if no response is seen I'll close this out with this as the correct anwser. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Alright, I found some new information.

When I just use the msiexec /x {AC76BA86-7AD7-1033-7B44-AC0F074E4100} command, it does not remove the desktop icon- So there must be a different way to uninstall via the cmd prompt. 

I'm going to just leave this for the day as I've spent maybe a bit too much time on one application, any assistance discovering the uninstall command would be greatly appreciated, thanks! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My device is a Windows 10 HP EliteDesk 800 G3 if that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines