• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Upgrading from LiveCycle ES4 to AEM Adobe Form Designer

Explorer ,
Mar 21, 2019 Mar 21, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having quite a few problems with this Adobe Designer installation and use.  I have spent over 4 days trying to get things working correctly.  I am very frustrated by all this.  There are two versions of the ā€œnewā€ software sent me to download:

ā€¢ Adobe Designer 11.0 Multi North American Language  Windows ā€“ Adobe Designer 11.0 WIN ESD MUN

ā€¢ Adobe Designer 6.4   All Languages    Windows ā€“ Adobe Designer 6.4 WIN ESD ALL

Iā€™ve been transferred back and forth within tech support because they keep thinking this a CC issue, when itā€™s not a CC program.

I will soon be upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 10

1. Which version should I download?

a. I tried both and only AD 6.4 was Designer, AD 11.0 Was LiveCycle

b. I uninstalled my LiveCycle ES4

2. How do I get the Preview PDF to function?

3. Program keeps crashing, do I need WIN 10 to make it work correctly?

4. Tech Support keeps saying this is a discontinued program and not supported by Adobe

5. Does LiveCycle ES4 work with Windows 10?

6. If I upgrade to Windows 10 will my old LiveCycle Designer ES4 work or do I uninstall that product and install the Adobe Designer 11.0?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

To better understand what is going on, focus on correct product names.

1. You donā€˜t have LiveCycle and never did.

2. AEM is the replacement for LiveCycle.

3. What you have or had was LiveCycle Designer. This is one of the many components of LiveCycle Designer. The other components are for running on servers.

4. LiveCycle Designer is sometimes reasonably shortened to ā€œDesignerā€.  It is never shortened to ā€œLiveCycleā€ because it opens this world of confusion.

5. LiveCycle Designer became AEM Designer

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the forum for LiveCycle Designer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It has been said that Designer has been discontinued except for full AEM licensees. Some have disagreed. Found no way to check, but I advise planning a migration now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 22, 2019 Mar 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My main question is why would they want me to upgrade to Adobe Designer?  I'm just looking for a good solution for form creation.  I had LiveCycle ES4 v. 11.0 installed on my Windows 7 computer and it was fine.  When I knew I was being upgraded to Windows 10, I was wondering what software I use needed updating.  All the forums said LiveCycle ES4 did not work with Windows 10, but as an Adobe CC subscriber, I was entitled to a one-time free upgrade to Adobe Designer.  Is this not true?  Can I still use LiveCycle ES4 with Windows 10?  That is really all I want to know.  I don't care about what is supported or not, at least not right now.  I also cannot seem to find a definitive cost for a full AEM license to bring to my boss for consideration.  We are a non-profit, special education school.  Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AEM Forms Designer:

Adobe Checkout

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That free upgrade finished years ago. AEM is priced by negotiation but expect 5-6 figures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hence my recommendation: find a migration path away from XFA forms now. You will have to redo all your work for sure.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To better understand what is going on, focus on correct product names.

1. You donā€˜t have LiveCycle and never did.

2. AEM is the replacement for LiveCycle.

3. What you have or had was LiveCycle Designer. This is one of the many components of LiveCycle Designer. The other components are for running on servers.

4. LiveCycle Designer is sometimes reasonably shortened to ā€œDesignerā€.  It is never shortened to ā€œLiveCycleā€ because it opens this world of confusion.

5. LiveCycle Designer became AEM Designer.

6. LiveCycle Designer, for a brief while, was Adobeā€™s future for PDF forms, and it Was included with Acrobat version 9 and 10 (X) on Windows.

7. Adobe soon changed their mind, not for the first or last time, and stopped bundling it with Acrobat.

8. for a while, years ago, there was a free offer for people who paid for upgrades to Acrobat 11  (XI).

9. LiveCycle Designer Was also sold separately but the word is that AEM Designer is not.

Yes, itā€™s a mess and generated lots of needless work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 29, 2019 Apr 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You don't have to get snippy about nomenclature.  I abbreviated Live Cycle Designer to Live Cycle to shorten my typing.  At any rate, I don't have any problems now and solved it on my own.  But thanks for the clarification, I'll remember to use all software name from now on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have a user that is experiencing Live Cycle Designer crashing also on a Windows 10 laptop can i ask what you did to fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 10, 2020 Mar 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not Livecycle Designer, but AEM Workbench 6.4 is crashing alot for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 02, 2021 May 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Livecycle ES 4 is now not supported by Adobe.So if you need Designer,please ask  for AEM Forms Designer, also it does not come alone, it will be with AEM Forms( either JEE or OSGi version).This is what will be supported going forward

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines