We have multiple (5+) users reporting issues where they are unable to open more than one PDF in Adobe Reader DC at a time.
I have ensured that the correct setting to allow multiple documents is on, however, they keep having the issue. It seems that this issue is spreading as they update Windows.
The scenario plays out like this:
1. Adobe Reader DC is closed
2. User opens 1st PDF document
3. Adobe Reader DC opens and displays the document
4. User minimises Reader and attempts to open 2nd PDF
5. Nothing happens, Reader does not display, nor open the 2nd PDF
6. If User checks the Reader by manually maximising the application, the 1st PDF is still open
7. If User closes the 1st PDF, they can then open another. But only ever ONE at a time.
Any help would be great, we are getting more and more unhappy users by the day!
1. What exact version of Reader (not “latest” please)
2. After the attempt to open please look in the Window menu. Does it list both files (even though file 2 is not visible) or only file 1?
3. For a test, please open the second file using Open from the File menu in Reader. What happens?
4. The attempt to open in your step 4. If this just a double click on a file in Windows Explorer? Or something else eg web page, email, file in ZIP, other app...
Thanks for the response!
1. Version - 2019.010.20098
2. Does not list in Window menu or File history
3. The issues DO NOT occur in this circumstance (it can open multiple tabs)
4. I've tried double click in Win Explorer, from an email and web download - all with the same result (not opening 2nd)
Any further ideas?
This is causing our users a bit of grief.
Hoping someone from Adobe support will see this post.
i got the same problems on three employees.
Somtetimes it's working for them, sometimes not.
I installed the latest version (2019.010.20098) and it worked for two weeks.
But since 5 days we got the same problem again..
If one document is open and you select "Open file" it is working, but that's not the way we want..
I am seeing this issue as well with all my users (~200 Users). This is affecting both Adobe DC 2019.010.20098 & 20099 versions. What I have noticed is that if the PDF files being opened are on a file share, we can only open one at a time. If the PDF files are on the local drive, then we can open multiple PDFs.
I am also facing the same issues.
I found the solution in another thread:
In a nutshell do this:
Edit \ Preferences \ Security (Enhanced) \ Sandbox Protections - Disable 'Enable protected mode at startup'.