• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Using Outlook Email quick print failed after clicking YES on security popup in Acrobat reader

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2021 Nov 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Outlook email quick print failed even after clicking YES on the security popup windows.

Propably, because file from tempory folder "C:\Users\%UserProfiles%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\inetcache\content.outlook\????\doc.pdf" cannoy be added in Privileged Location.

So how can we let quick print work's in outlook without having to exclude outlook cache from security feature. "C:\Users\%UserProfiles%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows"

Thanks

TOPICS
Print

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This problem is neither related to Acrobat nor Acrobat Reader. Many applications can create PDFs, not only those by Adobe. You better ask in a Microsoft forum for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

sorry, you dont understand i think.

when you try to open an pdf attachement in outlook while security is enable in Acrobat Reader, we cannot use Quick print.

if i disable the security in adobe acrobat reader,  quick print is working.

so how to get quick print in outlook for pdf attachement working while security is activated in acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i have work on that today and finally found 

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\TrustManager\cTrustedFolders\cTrustedForPV]
"txxxx"="c:\\users\\Username\\appdata\\local\\microsoft\\windows\\inetcache\\content.outlook"

xxxx =  number

If i add this key, it do the job.

now i'm trying to deploy this on all domain user.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

An Workaround

the situation:

Acrobat Reader DC and Protected View enabled

Specifies whether to use Protected View never (default), for files from an untrusted location (recommended), or always.
The PV preferences were implemented in Acrobat 10.1 and are supported in Reader with 11.0.
Possible values include:
0: (default) Disable Protected View.
1: (recommended) Enable Protected View for unsafe locations only
2: Enable Protected View for all files.

So when Protected View is enable in Acrobat Reader DC, you can't use quick print on PDF Attachement in Outlook.

Because Outlook cache is considered as UNSAFE LOCATION.

The only way I found is to disable completely the protected view or add the location of outlook cache content in privileged locations for trusted content.

%UserProfile%\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\inetcache\content.outlook

But this work arround disable the protection for outlook content but not for other unsafe location.

i use Group Policy to create this entry in registry:

HKCU\SOFTWARE\Adobe\Adobe Acrobat\DC\TrustManager\cTrustedFolders\cTrustedForPV

%UserProfile%\appdata\local\microsoft\windows\inetcache\content.outlook

But, I will like to keep the security activated on Outlook Content and able to use Quick Print in Outlook.

Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines