• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Utilizing Search causes Reader to Stop Working

New Here ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to search for a key word in a document.  (The word is "contact".  Without the quotes.)

Reader will search, list all the instances it finds of the word "contact" and immediately seize up and force a shut down.

I get the following error message:

" Acrobat Reader DC has stopped working"   and "A problem caused the program to stop working correctly.  Windows will notify you if a solution is available"

I have tried downloading the latest version of Reader (apparently my version IS the latest).

I went into help and checked for updates, no updates.

I am using Windows 10, with an i7 processor that is about 2 years old.

Restarting the computer makes absolutely no difference.

This is seriously affecting me.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Hello Dougw,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Adobe Reader is crashing while using the Find/Search function, Is that correct?

Please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Search and Click on "Purge Cache Contents".

Also, uncheck the box of "Enable fast Find", Click Ok and try again and see if the changes in settings bring any difference.

You can also refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe article Troubleshoot errors, freezes | Adobe Reader | Windows

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
May 29, 2018 May 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Dougw,

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, as per the description above, Adobe Reader is crashing while using the Find/Search function, Is that correct?

Please navigate to Adobe Reader's Preferences from Edit>Preferences>Search and Click on "Purge Cache Contents".

Also, uncheck the box of "Enable fast Find", Click Ok and try again and see if the changes in settings bring any difference.

You can also refer and try the suggestions from the following Adobe article Troubleshoot errors, freezes | Adobe Reader | Windows

If the issue persists, please use Acrobat cleaner tool to remove Adobe Reader Download Adobe Reader and Acrobat Cleaner Tool - Adobe Labs

Reboot the machine and install the latest version of Adobe Reader from Adobe - Adobe Acrobat Reader DC Distribution

Is Adobe Reader crashes while searching in all the PDF files or is it specific to one PDF file?

Let us know how it goes and share your findings.

Regards,

Anand Sri.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi

Just clearing the "Enable Fast Find" check box worked for me. (checked by reselecting it again the problem occurred). However what is this features supposed to do? (ie what am I losing by deactivating it?)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines